Chapter 50

Bonnie was in the kitchen walking back and forward with brighton. Damon came into the kitchen. "I thought everyone was asleep." She said.

"Unfortunately your wrong. How is he doing?" He said.

"He's a little fussy but he'll be fine. Just need to get back to sleep." She said.

"Can i hold him?" He asked.

"Damon." She sighed.

"I'm not going anywhere with him, bon. I swear." He said.

"Fine just for awhile." She said then placed brighton into his arms.

"He's such a cute little stud." He teased.

"He's not a stud but he is mommy's little cute muffin." She reflected.

"I love him, bon. I never fell in love so quick. I want to teach him alot that my father never taught me." He said.

"I'm going to marry enzo." She said.

"What?" He retorted.

"Enzo asked me to marry him. He wants to be brighton father so we can be a family." She said.

"You not shutting me out his life. He adores me!" He said.

"Brighton doesn't even know you. You don't know him." She said.

"Give me something to know about him. Besides his first name or the fact you're breastfeeding him." He said.

"He's...hey how do you know i breastfeeding him?" She asked.

"I have my ways of knowing. Today is christmas, bon. I don't want to fight anymore. So can we call it a truce?" He said.

Elena started painting a room in the Salvatore house for brighton. "He's going to love it here. " She said then begin feeling dizzy.

The doorbell bell rung and she threw the paint brush to the side. Elena opened the door to Rebekah. "What do you want?"

"My car got stuck in front of your house." Rebekah said.

"What do you want me to do?" Elena asked.

"I would like to use your phone please." She said.

"Brighton is three months old. He was born september the ninth. He's not aware of his immortal side yet,damon." Bonnie said.

"I will help him control it when he do become aware." He said.

"I'm afraid of what will happen to him when he do. I love him so much, damon." She cried.

Damon held her in his arms. "Don't be afraid. I won't let anything bad happen to our boy."

"You can't promise that." She said.

"I can and i do. Look at me bon nothing bad will happen." He said glazing into her eyes.

Bonnie nodded.

"I have a christmas present for brighton." He said.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yes." He said. Then went to get it and came back to the kitchen with a huge bear.

"He will love it." She said.

"I know we're not on good terms but i have something for you too." He said.

"Damon you didn't have to." She said.

"I know but i got it while we were in vegas." He said handing her a small box.

Bonnie opened it and saw a keychain with her name."It's beautiful damon. I didn't get you anything."

"You allowed me to hold my son. He's the best gift i ever received." He said.

Bonnie smiled big with tears in her eyes. "Merry Christmas damon."

"Merry christmas bon." He said smiling too.

Enzo watched from afar. Back at the salvatore house,elena was laying on the floor.