Chapter 14

Arya's POV

I feel cold wind on my skin.I open my eyes.First thing I see is Shawn.Shawn holding me in his arms and carrying me.

''Don't you dare to move'',he says before I tried to put myself down from his arms.

''Please,let me down'',I ask him nicely.
''No.What were you even thinking?What did you even do?Why is your clothes wet and why is your hair wet?Why the hell did you do this? I was worried sick!'',he reproached me.
He put me on the front seat of a car I recognised as Aaron's and then got in the car.
''What was I thinking? Seriously? I couldn't stand a second longer with you there,so I drove off.I knew you will find a solution so you can go home,I didn't worry.I didn't know you will worry about me.Everything is wet because I was standing in the fucking rain.I did this because of you for fuck's sake.Do you even remember what you did and said?'',I screamed at him.
He was squeezing the steering wheel with his hand as I screamed at him.

''I DON'T KNOW WHY I CARE,BUT I DO! I thought something will happen to you.I didn't know if you even know how to drive'',he said to me.
I opened the doors and stepped out.I'm not spending another second with him.He followed me and got out too.Cold was making me shiver and my breaths got shorther and frequent.I was in my underwear on cold Canadian night,really smart.

''I'm not spending another second with you.I can't fucking stand you near me.Leave me alone!'',I said as I saw him moving towards me.
I picked up my pace and soon I was opening doors from his car to get in and drive off.
''Then fucking don't.You are such a b..'',he yelled.

''A bitch? Say it,Mendes.Nothing from you surprises me anymore.Call me a bitch!Why are you acting so nice?'',I snapped.
''I'm not acting nice.Jesus Christ!'',he put his hands on his head.

''Okay,you saw I was well and fine,now you can go'',I said.

''I'm not going anywhere without you'',he replied.
''Then I'm leaving'',I said as I got in the car and slammed the doors.
Before I locked them,he opened them,I wasn't quick enough.
''Listen.Layla is in the house and waiting for you.Go back if not for me then for her at least'',he said and put his hand on the seat next to my leg leaning his head closer to mine.
''Just for her.Get in that car,drive and I'll follow you from behind.Only for her'',I softened.
''Yeah,only for her'',he said as he smirked.

''Yeah,only for H E R'',I repeated his words and highlighted that I was doing it for her only.
''Here,take my jacket,your cute little bum will freeze in those undies'',he said as he smiled.

''Don't you ever speak to my butt like that and Jesus Christ,just don't.I hate this and I hate you!'',I rolled my eyes.
''Mhmmmm'',he said as he left.
I put his jacket on.I felt warmer finally.It smelled so good.Ugh,why does it have to smell that
good.I saw Shawn driving past me so I started my,well his,car and followed him.

Layla freaked out as she saw me.I hugged her and convinced her I was okay.I didn't want to be in my underwear so I put my dress on again.Finally,time to go home.
''She goes with us,Shawn'',Layla said as she pulled my hand towards Aaron's jeep.

''Layla,it's okay.I'll go with him,we need to sort some things out,don't we Shawn?'',I said.
''Yeah,we do'',he said.

I got into his car and we drove off.
''So,wanna talk?'',he asked.
''No.I'm not going to talk to you ever again'',I spat.
''But what did you say to Layla a second ago?'',he made confused face.
''A lie.I told her a lie,Shawn'',I said and looked out of the window.
''Then why do you want to drive with me?'',he was persistent.
''Because I like this car better'',I answered.

''Simply because of that?'',he was still asking me questions and I was thin with my nerves.
I bit my lip hard and rolled my eyes.
''Yeah,simply because of that'',I sounded really annoyed.
''Mhmm,second lie tonight,first Layla now me'',he said.
''OKAY.FUCK YOU.I wanted to go with you because I hoped we will actually sort things out'',I snapped.

''Sort which things out?'',he AGAIN asked me.
''Well,where do I even start? The thing you hit Isaac? The thing you almost hit me? The thing you called me only fun? Yeah those things..'',I was salty.

''I hit him because I was drunk and I didn't want his hands on your body.I didn't hit you and I lost my mind in that second because of you.I called you fun,but what are we anyways? We are not friends,we are not lovers,we are what?'',he was becoming salty too.
''You didn't look so drunk last night and where did you get right to decide whose arms will be on me? I don't belong to you. We are....we are nothing'',I said.
''You don't belong to me,that's true and I was drunk so it wasn't a smart decision.You'll know what it means to make not so smart decisions as you made some tonight,don't ya?'',he was pulling my toungue.
''Whatever,Shawn'',I wanted to be indifferent just like he was about everything.

''Your note,what did you mean with that?'',he asked.

''Nothing.It was written out of anger'',I answered.
He pulled out something out of his pocked and slammed it with his hand in front of me.I flinched.
''This was not written out of anger,Arya'',he said and looked me in my eyes.
I swallowed hard as I looked over at my note.I bit my lip and looked at him.

''Arya,are you in love with me?'',I heard those words come out of his mouth.
My heart stopped beating in that moment.My jaw dropped and I felt heat rising in my body.I felt cold sweat on my palms and my stomach dropped.