Chapter 37

"Baby..",I cup her face with my hands.
She is not responding on my calls or anything.
My instant reaction isn't to call an ambulance.
She didn't do it. She didn't overdose herself. No,no..
I blink and my mother lays in my arms. I try to scream, but nothing leaves my mouth. I blink again and there is no longer my mother in my arms,but her,Arya. I kneel frozen with her in my arms.Violently I shake my head to react in anyway,I can't be frozen now.
I pick her up quickly and carry her in bathroom.Laying her in bathtub I turn on cold,freezing water. It hits her pale,still dressed body,water droplets soaking her clothes and gliding over her skin. I splash her face with cold water.Purple shade of her lips gets more intense and I lightly press my middle and index finger on her neck. A pulse. Her heart is beating. Her chest moves slowly,but barely.

"Arya,please wake up. Please wake up for me. Wake up for your parents...Layla..Aaliyah..Cmon,Arya,my brave little girl",I shake her.

Holding my arms on her wet,cold shoulders I lay my head on my arm,trying to calm down.I close my eyelids and rest my head on my arm. Suddenly I hear a loud gasp and coldest touch on my hand.
Quickly raising my head,I see a pair of emerald green eyes staring back at me.

"Oh my god..",is everything I can say in moment.

"What are you doing here? What's happening? What am I doing her?",she asks fast while sitting up.

"I thought you were dead. For fuck's sake I thought you ARE dead",I almost scream.

"What are you talking about?",she frowns,cold water still gliding down her skin and soaking her clothes.

"I came because I couldn't handle you not being alright.I came and found a wreckage of your kitchen. I run up and find your room in even worse condition. Then I see you laying almost lifeless down besides your bed,little orange bottle in your hand. What am I talking about? I'm talking about how I thought you are fucking dead",I snap at her.

I feel so stressed out,in panic,angry,frightened.

"I didn't overdose myself,Jesus Christ",she looks away.

I don't say anything, but look at her significantly as I'm expecting an explanation from her.

"I'm a wreckage. I freaked out over everything that has happened today,yesterday,in general in life. I smashed everything because it felt good. But...it didn't help,nothing did. I was still sobbing and screaming until my voice was gone. I collapsed down on the floor,I felt exhausted as never before, but I couldn't fall asleep. So I took three pills instead of two. I didn't overdose myself. I just wanted to sleep through the next whole day ",she talks with her raspy,damaged voice and I listen.

Her body is shivering now,so I turn off the water and take a look at her.

"I thought you were for good gone. Don't do that ever again",I say quietly and take her in my arms.

Her wet body presses onto mine and soaks me.She looks at me while in my arms and I smile at her lightly.As I put her down on her feet she gives me the tightest hug.

"Let's get you dry",I say to her and smooth her wet hair with my palms.

Arya's POV:

I hug him as tight as never before,as much I can actually feel his heartbeat.
Does this mean he actually cares for me?
My mind curses at me telling me I shouldn't let him this close to me emotionally. I'm completely and definitely intoxicated with him. My mind craves him every moment when he's not here by my side. Dear god,I actually do love him. I love him with my whole heart, but I cannot admit it to him or anyone,not even myself. This god damn pride and ego.

"Mhmm",I mumble as he smooths my hair with his big palms,suggesting I should dry myself.

He separates himself from me and moments after comes back in bathroom with some clothes.

"We'll take that down",he says while slowly taking my soaking wet t-shirt off.

I sit nervously on the edge of bath and feel nervous like he is seeing my body for the first time. Why does everything with him seem like it's first time doing it?
His hand reaches my back and he takes my bra off.
With gentle moves of a towel he dries my torso.

"Now we'll put this on",he says while giving me a bra and his t-shirt which he left here before.

How does he know where everything stands? What a creeper. My mind jokes,what an idiot my mind is.

His hands gently take wet sweatpants off. He smiles lightly almost hiding it from me.

"Not a time for that smirk of yours",I try joking with him.

"There is no wrong time for it",he looks up at me.

He is kneeling down as he is taking my sweatpants off and I'm sitting on the edge off the bathtub.His hair looks perfectly ruffled and his lip is even more bruised than earlier. There is no bad timing for admiring his appearance.
Muscles on his arms are intensely defined,so I bite my lip.His eyes are lingering on me and I see him smirk again.

"Don't..",I look away,holding a smile back.

"Stop biting your lip then",he says while looking away from me and handing me some leggings and briefs.

I say nothing but dress myself up.
I stand up,so does he.

"Mendes,do you care for me?",I stand millimeters from him.

He looks down at me and smirks gently,not in a sexual way,but completely opposite,in a warm way.

"Absolutely",he says.

"Do you love me,Mendes?",I ask after moments of silence and resistance,battling with my mind.

"Remember what we said,baby? No love",he looks away like isn't capable of looking at me.

I bite my inner cheeks until I sense blood on my tastebuds.

"Yeah,no love,baby",I smile gently,but that's more agonic muscle spasm than a smile.