Chapter 26

"You enjoy it so much",I read message titled from /Mendes/.
"Excuse me?",I type back.
"Provoking and edgy things I do to you",he replies.
I bite the inside of my cheek and smile to myself.Well,he isn't wrong,no matter how much I want him to be.I hate the fact that he knows me maybe a little too well.
I decide not to reply.Well,what would I?
(...)
"Mum,this is really excellent! You should experiment with food oftenly",me and dad both comment on mum's dinner.
My phone rings.I read /Mendes is calling/. I decline the call and smile to my parents.
"Not going to pick it up?",my dad asks with his eyebrow raised.
"Not important",I reply and continue with my meal.
My mom just secretly smiles at me like she knows.

(...)
"Now you're going to decline my calls?",I hear Shawn's voice from another side.
"Cut it Mendes.Why did you call me?",I ask.
"Wanna go out tonight?",he asks.
"Oh,so everything is okay between us?",I answer.
"It isn't ?",he provokes.
"Oh well,you know,you almost threw me out of your house and....",I start.
"And we fought and you flipped me off and you almost hit me to death",he finishes.
"Something like that",I roll my eyes.
"Don't roll your eyes at me Christensen.I know you too well",he says commanding me.
"Then you stop smirking.You are not the only one with knowledge here",I say back.
"You always have something to say back",his voice calm.
"Would even notice me if I didn't have?",I reply.
"Hmmm",I hear him mumbling.
"Probably not.Haha,later Mendes",I giggle and end the call.

Things are always left unfinished between us.

Soon after I get a message from him:
"So us going out tonight is off?".

"You know you gotta try harder,Mendes",I pull his tongue.

I see those three dots as he is typing but then he leaves me on /Read 17:36/. That makes me wonder what's going on in his head now.
I lay down and decide to take a nap instead of overthinking.

(...)
"Aryaaaa! Someone is here for you!",my mom's voice wakes me up.
"I'm sleeping.Give me a minute or two!",I yell back.
It must be Layla who's on the doors.She told me she'd come if she feels better.I quickly put my hair in a messy bun and go downstairs in my pajamas.
Instead of Layla I see Shawn talking and laughing with my mum.I stand frozen on the last stair.
"Oh hey Arya,you must have forgotten that we have lesson today",he smiles dumbly at me and my mum turns around.
"I didn't forget because we don't have it",I cut him off.
"Arya! Why are you so rude? He came,so there is nothing bad in having a lesson today",she looks angrily at me.
"I am expecting someone else to come",but my mother strikes me with her look,"ugh,whatever,come upstairs",I shrug.
Shawn says his goodbyes to my parents and follows me upstairs,
"And who are you expecting?",he asks as we climb up.
"None of your business",I say irritated with his presence.
"Why are you here anyways?",I turn around to face him.
"I'm trying harder",he looks at me.
My eyes lock with his and I stand on one stair above him. His warm,brown eyes slowly slide from my green ones to my lips making me bite them.
"You call this trying harder?",I snap myself out of that and raise my eyebrow.
He doesn't speak a word but he slips his fingers under the hem of my sweatpants. Slowly circling around the inside of hem and brushing his fingers on my stomach skin. My body tenses up. Every time he touches me I feel like I'm being electrocuted. I shiver.
"For fuck's sake we are on the staircase and my parents are below",I push his hand off my body and whisper yell at him.
"Doesn't it make more fun?",his tongue wetting his lips.
"Give me a break,Mendes",I turn around and run up in my room.
"You came here because of the lesson,so you'll have one",I grab my books.
"You as hell know I didn't came here for that.I as hell know when we have scheduled lessons",his voice deep as he is casually leaning on a wall.
"Then why did you come?",I ask.
"I came for you",he pulls his back from the wall and comes closer.
"Oh yeah?",I whisper my question as a moan,my lips now grazing his ear.
"Yeah..",he breathes out sitting me on his lap now.
"Too bad then. As I said I already have plans.Let's do our lesson",I jump and yell as I leave him looking defeated.
What? I am just playing tricks on him. I am way better player then he thinks I am.
His jaw clenches and he takes in a big breath exhaling it loudly.
"Feeling angry,Mendes?Or frustrated?",I ask cheerfully.
"Not at all",he answers sitting his body in front of the desk with books.

I rush with my explanations.
"Okay,now do exercises on these two pages as I need to dress myself up",I push him books and stand up.
"Focus on them Mendes and do not look away",I tap the book.

I look over at him as I put my picked clothes on the bed.His eyes on the book but I know he can see me.I slowly untie the strings on my sweatpants and slide them down.Fabric glides down my hips,over my bum and falls to the floor.I step out of sweatpants lying on the floor and push them towards the desk. I see his jaw clenching and it makes me feel victorious. Now my hand glides up my stomach under my shirt and I strip myself down completely. Clearly disturbed Shawn huffs and goes through his hair.
"Having problems with exercises?",I ask provoking him as I stand in my underwear.
"Certainly not",he doesn't even look at me.
I stay silent and glide my jeans on.As I put my shirt on I hear my phone buzzing.
"That must be for me",I say and pick up my phone.
As I answer the message I vanish into bathroom to put makeup on.
Entering my room back again I bump into Shawn.
"You are not going with him,are you?",he grabs me.
"It is inappropriate to harass your tutor,Mendes",I escape his grab.
"I asked you something!",he raises his voice at me.
"Raise your voice once again at me and I'll make it your last one",I raise my eyebrow.
"You are not going",he grabs my wrist.
"Like you can do anything about it",I yank my wrist towards me.
Shawn opens his mouth to say something but is interrupted with a light knock on my doors.
"Come in",I say gently.
Doors open and a silhouette appears on the doors.
"Your mother let me in saying you have a lesson with someone",Theo steps in my room.
He is immediately stunned back as he sees Shawn behind me.
"Yeah.We are just over with it.Nice to see you",I say walking towards him.
"This is for you",he hands me a bouquet of flowers.
I smile widely and hug him turning him around so I can face Shawn.
His face is burning with hate mixed with jealousy.
He bites his fist and as Theo and I separate he storms out of my room.
"GOODBYE WOULD BE ENOUGH",I yell after him.
"GOODBYE UNTIL NEXT LESSON",he yells back.
I roll my eyes as I hear him leave.
"Ready?",Theo asks.
"Ready.",I state.

(...)

Night out with Theo was wonderful.I stand in the middle of a park where we first met as he stares at me.
"I never knew someone could make a regular night out this wonderful",he states.
"You're referring to me?",I smile.
"You bet I am",he says and locks his look with mine.
His hand finds way onto my cheek and he pulls me closer. I don't push back.
Theo connects his lips with mine and kisses me gently.I don't kiss back letting our kiss break apart.
I do that because I simply don't feel anything.
"Theo I-",I breathe out as his thumb caresses my cheek.
"I know.You didn't feel anything.I know,Arya",he opens his eyes.
"I know Arya.You love him",he smiles gently.
"I am so sorry.I am so,soo,sooo sorry",I start apologizing repeatedly.
"Don't apologize.I understand.I didn't feel anything either",he says gently with our foreheads leaned on each other.
I exhale loudly as I feel an enormous weight on my chest.
"I need to tell you something",Theo pulls away and looks at me.
"What is it?",I ask frowning.

A/N

I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN ALMOST A MONTH. I FEEL SO HORRIBLE AND I MISSED WRITING SO MUCH. BASICALLY SCHOOL IS GIVING ME NO TIME TO BREATHE. I PROMISE I WILL TRY TO UPDATE AS MUCH AS I CAN! ☹️☹️

Btw,how do you like the story so far? I would appreciate your reviews so much right now!
I just wanna you to know that I am ridiculously grateful for your every view and I love you all! ❤ xo