It's not fair

June 1st.

It was the boys last week of school.

"Good morning, boys." She smiles.

"Morning mom.  How are you feeling?" James asks.

"Good, how are you?" 

"Good.  Are you still having morning sickness?"

"Oh yeah!"

"When will it go away?" Samuel asks.

"It usually only lasts the first trimester.  So I'll hopefully feel better next week."

"Oh, well that's good."

"When can we see it?" Michael asks.

"The baby?  I go for an ultrasound in a couple days."

"Can we go?" Samuel asks.

"You'd wanna go?" She smiles.

"Yeah!  I mean, as long as it's not a uh.. you know.. a lady check kind of appointment,"

Jessica laughs and says, "No!  No, it's not that!  You guys can come if you want." 

"Yeah, I think that'd be cool.  I don't really remember when you had Mike, do you, James?"

"All I remember is thinking mom ate a basket ball."

Jessica laughs and says, "You two were so cute!  Mama, you ate my bally, you ate my bally!  and Sam, you used to poke my belly, trying to pop it!" She laughs harder.

"Really?" *Laughs*

"Yep!  and Michael, you liked to fight back.. well not really fight, you were a pretty calm baby.  But when Sam would poke you, you'd think it was a game and poke back.... Man, where did the time go?  I can't believe I'm having another baby."

Jessica looks down with sad eyes.

The boys look at each other not really knowing what to say to comfort her, so Sam just puts his hand on her back.

Jessica looks at him and gives him a small smile.

"When are you telling grandma?"

"I don't know.  Usually you wait to tell everyone till after twelve weeks."

"Well you're twelve weeks now.  You should tell everyone, they'll be happy."

"Yeah.. I guess I should."

James looks at the time and says they have to go.

"Alright boys, have a good day."

"You too, mom." They kiss her cheek and leave.

Jessica stands up to serve herself some breakfast.

She sighs and says, "Well Sam.. You got me pregnant!  Heh.. You were always good at knocking me up, weren't you?" She chuckles.

Jessica looks down and runs her hand over her tiny bump.

She smiles and closes her eyes, "This is the first time I've done this.. I guess it's just hard for me.. A time that's supposed to be happy, is.. well, pretty sad.  Your daddy gave me you, and I love you so so much.. It's just hard for me.."

***