RC --- Chapter THREE

“I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or fourth. But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking towards me; I realized that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you.”  --- Cassandra Clare

The place was jam-packed. Nothing new for the hottest club in the city. And though full you still get to have ample space for anything, the ambiance eliciting sophistication. This made the place stood out among others.

Obviously, because of its status, this is where most celebrities and well off people hang out. 

In one corner of the left wing, a group of young men were gathered seemingly celebrating a business transaction gone completely…

… perfect.

“Cheers to my cousin who undoubtedly was the reason of this success! Miggy, you are the gem of the business world.”A man in a blue top recited as he lifted his glass for a toss.

Everyone else complemented this Miggy guy and raised their own glasses.

“Nah! It was because I had the best team.” Miggy explained humbly. “Good job everyone! Enjoy yourselves, these are all on me!” He added and gave a signal to a waiter closed by to accommodate his group.

The music was loud and people were wildly dancing. He gently massaged his temple and closed his eyes.

“Sick?” The guy in the blue top approached him and asked. They proceeded to the bar to at least be away from the others and for some hard liquor too. “Or is it Kathleen?”

Silence.

“Told you you should have broken up with her already. She’s becoming too possessive isn’t she?” The guy casually stated, comfortably leaning on the bar counter as if certain his statement was of absolute truth.

“She acts like she’s my damn wife Andrew! It’s annoying!” Miggy lashed out unable to control the frustration in his tone. “Last night I couldn’t bear her tantrums; I just left her in the pent house and went home!” He ordered one shot of Bourbon Lancer.

Andrew chuckled with disbelief. “You went home to your parent’s house?! Haha. That’s epic Miguel!”

After laughing teasingly for a moment, he went back to his laid back self and casually asked, “So ano ng plano mo ngayon?”

Miguel gulped the alcohol. “Obviously, I’m gonna break up with her. She knew it wasn’t serious in the first place.” He rubbed his temple once more. The strident music was worsening his headache.

Andrew knocked his shoulders playfully. “That’s my man. And when you’re ready again, samahan mo ako sa France ha, we’ll meet up with Chandria.” He smirked.

Miguel sneered and teasingly messed Andrew’s hair. “Playboy!”

“Uy, mana lang ako sayo pinsan!”. They both let out renewed laughter, both separately entertaining the idea of a possible Europe retreat soon.

The music stopped momentarily as the DJ changed the record. It was at that same time that they heard a loud gay shriek from the entrance. Their eyes involuntarily searched the origin of the sound and boy, for a moment, they felt like their breathing ceased.

***** 

After the trip to Xas’ house, Ricky forced us to go clubbing and since we, ahem I mean I owed him this, we agreed. It was half past ten when we arrived at La Royale Clubhouse.