RC --- Chapter THIRTY

Everyone is going to hurt you sooner or later, you just have to decide who’s worth the pain. --- Anonymous

December 21, Saturday

11:30 AM

MAT Enterprise Company

Or so he thought.

Miguel was impatiently tapping his fingers on his table when Andrew interfered, clearly annoyed by the act. “Stop it cuz. You’re giving me a headache.”

“Then just leave!” Miguel hissed at ipinagpatuloy ang pagtipa sa lamesa.

“Geez cuz! Meron ka? Ang init ng ulo mo.” Andrew joked.

Miguel stared at him in a sinister way. Napatikhim at napaayos ng upo si Andrew. He knew that was his cousin’s warning. He had to shut up or else he’d be dragged out of the office or worse, punched on the face.

Pinagmasdan nito ang pinsan. Nakakunot ang noong nakatingin ito sa labas ng bintana. His expression was grim and serious, something unusual and very seldom especially when they were together. He definitely was troubled.

“Cuz…” Pagpukaw nito sa kung ano mang iniisip ng pinsan.

“What?!?” He jerked obviously maddened by Andrew’s intrusion yet again.

“Oops! Hindi ako ang kalaban.” Natatawang komento nito sabay taas ng dalawang kamay.

Mukha namang nabuhusan ng malamig na tubig si Miguel at biglang lumambot ang expresyon nito. “I’m sorry.”

Andrew exhaled noisily. “Let me guess, Alex?”

Miguel looked at him briefly then stared back at the windows.

His cousin may have not said it vocally but the answer was written all over his face. Andrew chuckled. “Told you, you shouldn’t have let her go.”

“I just want to know if she’s safe.” Miguel rose and paced around the room.

Sinundan ulit ni Andrew ng tingin ang pinsan. Miguel might not want to admit it but Andrew could recognize it was beyond that. Somehow, someway, Alex had managed to slink into a part Miguel thought never existed in him. The part where countless of women tried but never succeeded. His heart.

But Andrew knew his cousin pretty well. Miguel was as stubborn as a wild stallion. It would take one hell of twisting and convincing before he’d admit he was in love.

“And what about Monique?” Andrew asked after Miguel sat back on his chair.

“What about her?” Miguel asked back suddenly feeling the exhaustion from those sleepless nights.

“You’re still seeing her?”

“Sometimes.”

“Cuz…”

“Andrew!” Miguel cut him. “I don’t want to talk about it!” He wilted on his chair. “Please… I had enough lectures.”

The awkward silence was cut when Gerrick and Ren entered. “It’s about time.” Miguel rose once more and paced round the room while the other two took their seats. “So?” He stopped and glanced at his abnormally silent assistants.

“Well…” Ren started after clearing his throat. “…they were right. She has one powerful father.” He lifted a folder swaying it on air. Dropping it back on the table, he added. “He’s based in Switzerland, married with a much younger woman. Has a three-year old son named Tyler.”