RC --- Chapter TWENTY-SEVEN

Why is it that we don't always recognize the moment love begins, but we always recognize the moment it ends? - Anonymous

December 14, Friday

3:30 PM

MAT Enterprise Company

The explanation I was hoping from Miguel never came. Yes he called a couple of times the past two days but only para kumustahin ako at para magsorry na hindi nya ako mapupuntahan because of this, because of that. There was definitely something different and I didn’t even have the courage to ask what and why.

As I entered the building, the curious and prying looks immediately drowned me. I supposed they’ve heard the news of their boss’ new apple of the eye. Some of them taunting as if saying I was no one special and they’ve known all along I was to be discarded just like the others.

But some I’ve genuinely felt their sincere commiseration almost like they would willingly give a shoulder to cry on if it wasn’t a very controversial setting.

I walked confidently as if unaffected by things when in fact my wobbly knees were threatening to tumble. I made my way to the elevator and was glad that I was alone. I took a deeper breath once inside preparing myself for a bigger scandalous place, towing enough valor not to break and show flimsiness.

Overtly, murmurs rapidly started once I stepped inside the office. With all their inquiring stares, I only smiled back. Wala akong dapat ipaliwanag sa kanila.

Dumiretso ako sa opisina ni Jenny kung saan ko ibibigay ang requirement na dapat kung isumita. Kumatok ako at binuksan ang kanyang pinto.

“Miss Castro, come inside please.” Ibinaba nya ang kanyang salamin at inantay akong umupo.

Inabot ko sa kanya ang folder na siyang dahilan kung bakit Friday eh andito ako sa lugar na ayaw ko muna sanang puntahan. “Here’s the paper works you’ve asked.”

Kinuha naman nya ito at inilapag sa harapan nya, pagkatapos ay taimtim na tumitig sa akin. “Adrianna, are you okay?”

I smiled. “Why shouldn’t I be?”

She stopped what she was doing and focused all her attention to me as if assessing how I really felt. “Adrianna, I know that you know. I’m here to listen.”

“There’s nothing to talk about Miss de la Vega.” My smile stayed.

She sighed and wore her glasses back. “If you say so.”

“Would there be anything else?” I motioned to stand.

“None for now.”

Tumayo ako at dumiretso sa may pintuan.

“Adrianna, if you could fix it, please do. I still think you’re better for him.” Her words were like the confirmation I was trying hard to avoid. So totoo nga na may iba na.

I couldn’t think of anything proper to reply so I just went out of the room. Pagkalabas ko nilapitan kaagad ako ni Sandra, yung secretary ni Jenny. “You have a package in your table Miss Castro.”

Tinanguhan ko lang ito at dumiretso sa aking mesa.

‘Hey Adrianna!” Si Martin.

“Hi.” I casually greeted back and picked up the package placed over my table.

“So, any plans for tonight?” Lumapit siya sa akin.

I looked at him uninterested. “Actually I do have one.” Even if I didn’t.