RC --- Chapter TWENTY-SIX

***** 

Sorry for the late update...

***** 

Love is like the truth, sometimes it prevails, sometimes it hurts. - Victor M. Garcia Jr.

December 12, Wednesday

6:00 PM

Somewhere

By Sunday, Miguel and company needed to leave with the dismay of Shanna who had extremely bonded with the guys. The weekend was possibly the happiest for her and I had Miguel to thank for that. Her mother Cassidy came home from a business trip (she was a fashion designer) Sunday afternoon so it was time for me to leave too.

By Monday, I was back at the MAT enterprise HR office doing the usual work I started to get accustomed to along with the malicious and non malicious stares I continued to get from the employees. And Miguel’s casual short visits in the area weren’t helping my reputation at all.

By Tuesday, both Lexy and Xas finally arrived from their respective overseas endeavors and I was pretty much itching to finally spill the secret that had been choking me for quite some time. But then Xas was quick to drag me in a corner.

It turned out she knew Jacques’ identity too. Apparently, Jake accidentally mentioned it in one of their dates. Yes, he was finally able to convince Xas to go out with him.  We decided to delay the revelation of the secret as Lexy seemed to be stressed out with her online tutoring company.

“Ate Alex!” Hinila ako ni Elise pagkalabas namin sa sinehan. “Ang cute ng The Avengers noh?”

Ngumiti ako. “Oo, nakakatuwa.”

“Ah eh Ate Alex, puwede po bang magdinner muna tayo bago kayo umalis?” Si Rodney, yung date ni Elise. Mukha naman siyang mabait.

I looked at my watch, 6:15 PM. Elise’ curfew was 7:30 cause she still had class the following day. I guessed we’d make home on time kaya naman, “Sure, we’ll have a quick one.”

The smiles of both teenagers so wide it made them looked foolishly in love. We proceeded in one fine dining restaurant within the mall.

“Alam mo ate Alex dapat kasama ngayon si Kuya Miguel kaso my emergency daw siyang kelangang puntahan. Sayang nga eh.” Sambit ni Elise pagkatapos naming mag-order.

Kumunot ang noo ko sa naturan nya. Wala kasing nasabi si Miguel regarding an emergency which made me realized he was indeed a bit busy the past two days. “Alam mo naman yung kuya mong yun, palaging busy.”