RC --- Chapter TWENTY-ONE

*****

Listen to the song tagged. It's I do by Westlife. It's a wonderful song. Thank you! ;)

*****

When you are in love you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams - Anonymous

December 01, Sunday

5:00 PM

The Grand Manor

The elite manor exuded the sophisticated classy wedding image. It’s entrance proudly showing a large board announcing the Montero-Santos nuptial. The inside where the reception was to take place was amply decorated with white and blue lanterns.

Around 50 spaciously distanced tables were ornamented with white cloths and centerpieces of clear glass water-filled containers with floating candles and white rose petals scattered around to complete the staging.

At the very edge was a bigger round table intended for the newlyweds, the 5 feet white and blue cake on the side. And at the center was a spacious unoccupied area while on the far left corner was a stage-like platform.

Just a few meters down from the building was the bell amphitheater where the wedding ceremony would occur. This was an open area surrounded by pine trees and flowers.

In the middle was a bell-shaped stage bedecked with satin ribbons. A curtain of orchid-and-crystal garlands hang around it too and numerous white wooden chairs were carefully placed around. A descending concrete stairs led the way towards it.

Alex reached for Nix who was nervously grasping her white handkerchief. “Relax Sweet.”

“Wedding  jitters sweet.” Nadine managed to reply smiling tensely while they were in the bridal car. They’ve just arrived in the manor. “Could you do me a favor and see if Mendrick’s here already?”

Alex rolled her eyes. “Ridiculous! Of course he would be here.” She gave a reassuring answer but followed Nix’ plea nonetheless. She came out of the car and sought for the groom among the scattered formally attired people outside.

“He’s here.” Alex peeked from the slightly opened car door. She smiled at Nix’ relieved expression. Masaya siya para sa kaibigan at isang katotohanan yun. Nix’ was in love; she could very well see that. And she was happy for her. Truly happy for her.

“Ready?” Si Trisha, ang wedding coordinator. Nasa tabi na ni Alex at nakasilip din sa loob ng sasakyan.

Nix took a deep breath. “Always.” She answered with certainty.

With that signal, Trisha left and gave instructions to the entourage. Pumila na ang mga ito.

Alex carefully assisted Nix out of the car. Tamang tama namang lumapit sina Lexy at Xas.

“You look very beautiful sweet!” Si Lexy while planting a soft kiss on Nix cheek.

“Who would have thought you’ll be the first to tread down the aisle?” Xas joked and kissed Nix too.

“Thank you guys for being here! I’m…” Nix was teary-eyed.

“Hey!” Saway ni Alex. “No crying sweet.” She hugged her. “We’ll always be here for each other.”

“Group hug!” Lexy excitedly remarked.

And so the four best friends shared an affectionate long hug.