RC --- Chapter TWENTY

***** 

This may be late but I just want to apologize for the straight forward use of curse, profanities and at times rated words. If some of you aren't comfortable, sorry. ;)

And thank you to the new readers, hope you're enjoying the story so far. Thanks a lot again. Cheers! ;)

*****

Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes... just be an illusion - Anonymous

November 28, Thursday

9:30 PM

Seoul, Korea

The darkness of the night couldn’t help him obscure his overt awareness of her. She was a thousand miles away and yet it was her face, her body, her actions, her scent, every fuckin’ detail about her that occupied his consciousness.

Miguel felt frustrated, troubled and perplexed.

Frustrated. His last sexual encounter was almost a month ago. He badly needed release so he met up with Minchi, one of his Korean flings. Their actions lascivious and sensual as he hungrily kissed, necked, touched her body like there was no tomorrow.

But before he could even get to the part he was eagerly anticipating, the thought struck him. The statement he gave Alex came rushing back. He said those words half-heartedly but heck, it was so damn true.

He saw Alex’ image on Minchi’s; her face, her lips, the contours of her clothed body, damn even the hickey he gave her was imaginatively there.

“…Besides how could I have sex with other women when all I would be seeing is your face? It would just ruin the act.”

It did. It ruined everything. He got up real quick and apologized to the stunned woman spread out over his hotel bed. He calmly told her he couldn’t go on and that it’d be better for her to leave. He earned quite a forceful slap before the fumed woman hastily got dressed and stormed out of the room.

Troubled. The morning of his flight, he received a call from his mother regarding his older sister, Prita. It appeared the latter had gone to a secret rendezvous yet again. His mother coerced him to search for her and bring her back in time for Sunday’s wedding. He had no choice but concur but let Gerrick do the tracking.

And speaking of Sunday, he actually had no plans of attending it. Although, he would have loved bonding with his cousins and all, weddings gave him goose bumps; there was no way he’d go.

Perplexed. It was always his rule not to get too much involved with the women he dated. He was never possessive nor was he the jealous type. But Alex made him do things he never did before, and the worst was he did it unconsciously and all too willingly. He felt strongly attracted to her like she was a puddle of magnet he couldn’t resist.

He repositioned prone on bed as sleep continued to evade his mind. He sighed, for the hundredth time tonight he sighed. He took one of the pillows, covered his head and shut his eyes once more and forcefully searched for that elusive sleep.

*****

November 29, Friday

6:00 AM

Eastside Cove

Nagmamadaling lumulan si Alex sa kanyang sasakyan pero bago pa man nya mapaandar ito, tumunog na ang kanyang cellphone. She took it from her side and answered. “Hello?”

“Sweet!” Si Lexy.

“Oh bakit hindi ka nanaman umuwi kagabi?!” Alex raised a brow as if Lexy could see how annoyed she was. “Kasama mo nanaman si…” she couldn’t even fathom mentioning his name, “… si Jacques?!”