RC --- Chapter SEVENTEEN

Men may have created fire but women learned how to play with it. – The Ugly Truth

November 25, Tuesday

8:00 AM

MAT Enterprise Company

The sun shimmered sparklingly over the metropolitan capital, gentle wind breezing delicately promising one splendid Tuesday morning. The gleaming atmosphere invaded the area as employees assimilated same enthusiastic mood.

Miguel strode carefully inspecting while people greeted him politely as usual. The charisma of the Tuesday air unbending as he too radiated with a certain glow of bliss.  He proceeded directly to his office passing by his secretary, Gina.

“Good morning Sir Miguel! An early visitor in your office.” She stood and tagged along handing two folders on his already opened expecting palm.

“Good visitor I hope.” He took the folders and quickly scanned the opening pages.

“Oh definitely Sir.” She grabbed the doorknob and opened the door exposing his sophisticated spacious office and one middle-aged woman comfortably sitting on his chair. “I’ll get the coffee.” She stated making her way towards the small kitchen.

“Iho!” The woman stood immediately after seeing him.

“Ma! What brought you here?” He removed his chalk-striped suit and carefully hung it near the bookshelves.

“I am here my son to remind you of the family affair you are mandated to attend this weekend.”

He dropped his case and took his seat planning to start the review of the files given to him earlier. “Ma, I probably would be busy the whole week I won’t have ample time for such affairs.” He focused his eyes on the work laid out.

“Ah-ah baby. Not this time.” She went in front of him and lifted his chin. “This time, you are not allowed to say no. We will all go and that’s final.”

He heaved a sigh in surrender. “Alright Ma, I will try but I won’t promise.”

“Don’t try baby, do it.” She took her purse on the way to the door passing Gina who had two mugs in hand. “Oh thank you Gina but next time.” She turned her head back to Miguel who was busy fiddling with the files already. “By the way Miguel, we’re setting you up with someone so you’d better be there.”

Gina was unable to suppress her quiet chuckle whilst Miguel lifted his head, his playful smile meeting his mother’s stern one. “Since when are you concerned with my love life?”

“Since you started playing with women! Miguel, kabahan ka nga, you have two sisters, you…”

“I understand Ma, I will be there!” He cut her off before it turned into a sermon session.

“Good. I’ll see you there then.” She marched out of the room followed closely by Gina after serving Miguel’s coffee.

He smiled remembering his mother’s words. “Woman, huh?” If only she knew, he’s pretty much preoccupied with someone right now, someone appealing enough to keep him interested… for the time being.

His pondering thoughts were disrupted by the entrance of another mammal of his likelihood.

“Cuz!!” Andrew uncaringly slumped on the chair nearest him. “I’m all ears.”