RC --- Chapter ONE

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend --- Albert Camus

“We are so gonna be late Lexy. Hurry up!“ Tumingin ako sa relo ko. It was already 8:30 in the morning.

Nagmamadali kong sinuot ang aking pink sneakers. I picked up my car keys, went straight to the door and unlocked it.

“Alex, I’ve already told you to be ready by 8! What made you stay up so late?” Lexy irritatingly said as she followed me to the door.  “And wait …”, she eyed me from head to toe. “don’t tell me you’d be wearing those?” I rolled my eyes.

I was on a plain white sleeveless paired with black skinny jeans. In my hands were my pink cardigan top, cell phone, car keys and wallet.

Being THE fashion-conscious lady, I knew she was going to say that. Lexy could never leave the house without donning a 3-inch-heeled sandal. Take note sandals; she never wore sneakers, flat shoes, nor rubber shoes.

“Right now, I really don’t care. She’s going to kill us.” I was panicking. We made our way to the elevator and rode it down the parking lot.

“Ano ba kasing ginawa mo at nagising ka ng late? May pa don’t be late, don’t be late ka pa kagabi, tapos ikaw pala itong …”

“I know, I know! My fault.” I interrupted. “Twilight marathon kasi kagabi eh.” I smiled sheepishly at her. She knew how addicted I was with this movie kaya napailing na lang ito.

Sumakay na kami ng sasakyan. In a few minutes, we were on the road, on our way to NAIA.

Ngayon ang dating ni Xas from Paris. Part ng barkada namin si Xandria Anne Montenegro. She had been living in France for almost a year, tried her luck in their music industry. But now she’ll be staying home for good. Nakakuha kasi siya ng deal with one of the music companies dito sa bansa.

We finally reached the airport after 20 minutes and searched the parking lot for a space. Ugh! No slot, this is starting to be a really bad day.

“Lexy, mauna ka na bumaba. Sunod ako after I’ve parked the car. Baka andun na si Xas, alam mo naman ang temper nun”.

“Okay sige. Sunod ka kagad ha.” Lexy stepped out of the car. I nodded in reply.

I circled the area one more time. Luckily, on the right side may isang kababakante. Kumabig ako papasok nang biglang sumabay ang isang white jaguar convertible. Sosyal!

We both stepped on the brakes. Buti na lang hindi kami nagkabanggaan.

I lowered my window, dumungaw. “I’m really in a hurry! Sorry can I take it?” I pleaded on a calm voice, loud enough for the other driver to hear. No time para magtaray baka sabunutan na ako ni Xas.

I couldn’t see his/her response ‘coz the light was reflecting on the car’s front shield but a few seconds later, umatras ito, giving me space to park my car. And so I did.

I hurriedly trod out of the car, locked it and was on the way to the airport when I realized the expensive car was still there.

Tumigil ako sa driver’s side. The window was opened so I saw its passengers. Two strikingly handsome men lang naman! In fairness, for a moment or two, I was taken aback by the oozing gorgeousness in front of me. Pogi!

“Thank you so much!” I sincerely said after nakabawi sa pagkatulala. I smiled showing my two dimples. Hey wait! Am I flirting?