RC --- Chapter EIGHTEEN

You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly. - Anonymous

November 25, Tuesday

1:05 PM

MAT Enterprise Company

I forcefully got rid of thoughts about Miguel as I neared Miss De la Vega’s office. More than anything I needed my concentration back. Didn’t want the boss to categorize me on her bad side this early.

I knocked on the door and carefully opened it after hearing Miss De la Vega’s signal to do so.

“Ah Miss Castro, I’m glad your back.” She started. “This must be your lucky day, Mr. Miguel Torralba, the CEO of this company wants to meet up with the interns now. We’ll postpone today’s briefing for tomorrow.” She stood. “Halika, sasamahan kita sa taas.” Weird, her aura suddenly changed into something… excited, or was it just me?

So ano nanaman kaya ang plano ni Miguel ngayon? I wanted not to go but what can I do, I was just an employee. But wait interns? With an S? So hindi lang ako. “Uhm Miss De la Vega, if I may ask, so may mga iba pa pong interns dito?

“Basically in HR ikaw lang pero we have some in the other departments.”

I silently sighed in relief. At least, hindi lang ako. Ibig sabihin I won’t be alone with Miguel. Sumunod lang ako kay Miss De la Vega habang tinatahak namin ang papuntang opisina ni Miguel.

The 46th floor where his office was situated was completely different from the business-like setting the other floors emanated. Instead of a reception desk, a large cozy waiting area with several black leather couches was there. Some indoor plants and a large bare window were also visible.

Kumanan kami ni Miss De la Vega patungo sa aming destinasyon. There were four spaciously distanced tables, one of which was nearest to Miguel’s office door. I knew because I’ve been there before.

The rumpling sound of papers and keyboards momentarily stopped as the once busy workers saw us. Lyka, Bobby and Tyron; the very same people I’ve met before looked at me and gave welcoming smiles. I smiled back hesitantly.

“Gina.” Umpisa ng kasama ko nang makarating na kami sa harap ng babaeng nakaupo sa lamesang pinakamalapit kay Miguel. Nag-angat ito ng ulo. I haven’t met her before. “This is my intern.”

“Oh yeah.” She rose with poise and warmly took my hand. “Come, he’s waiting.” She smiled. I liked her already. Miss de la Vega motioned to follow but was readily stopped by Gina. “Sir Miguel’s instruction was to meet with the interns only. You can go, I’ll call for further instructions from him, if ever there will be.”

The flicker of eagerness in her eyes suddenly extinguished. Parang napahiya pa itong tumalikod at naglakad palayo.

Hinarap ako ni Gina. “Let’s go.” She softly stated as we walked towards the office door. She tapped on the door a bit and opened it partially. “Sir Miguel, Miss Castro is here.”

She directed me to go inside. I did and the door behind me closed afterwards. I inspected the room; there were nobody else except Miguel who was leaning on his wide organized table, hands on his chest, staring at me with serious expression.

“Wasn’t this supposed to be a meet and greet with the CEO? Where are the other interns?” I coldly asked even if actually I knew the answer.