So it Begins

~JORDAN'S P.O.V~

We've been sitting around for a while in these wheelie chairs. Damien and I have been working on these blue prints for a while. Damien doesn't exactly help with his ideas. But they are pretty amusing at least. "What if we give it chicken feet?"

"For the third time, why?" I glance over to him. He was pointing at the blue print with the end of the pencil I gave him. He bit off the end of the pencil though. He also ate the end of the pencil.

"I've seen spy kids" He states.

I wait to respond, encase he was going to follow up with something. "I don't think there was a robot with chicken feet in spy kids, Dame". He looks at me in the eye before eventually replying "I know, I'm just saying I've seen spy kids".

I nod slowly like I understand what he's talking about. I just realise something "We haven't really been checking on Paul... You think he's alright?"

Damien used his shoe to give him a head start in spinning in his chair. "Probably not" He started sitting like an animal again. Or to me like L from death note. I shrug it off. "You know what this reminds me of?" I change the subject.

"What?" He kept spinning.

I lean my arm on the arm of the chair "The stereotypical security guards in movies". I start, "You know? The ones that are oblivious to that one spy in the camera".

Damien chuckled which always sounds creepier than he intends.. Probably. "Guess we're partners in crime, ey pal?". Oh geez.

He gives a bright smile. Which I will have to crush, someone sue me please. "Sorry Dame, I kinda already have a partner in crime". I shrug, smiling still.

He slowly stops spinning, not really smiling. "Oh, I see. Who is it?" He flicked his goggles back over his eyes while asking. He suddenly sounded a little British.

He watches me overly quietly. Just as I'm about to respond the voice of my partner in crime breaks in "Hello! We're back!"

Damien leaned over the back of the chair and aggressively screamed for no apparent reason. We all stop to watch Damien who suddenly shouted nothing. Matt was it? Spoke eventually "What?"

"Sorry I meant hello" He simply replied before deciding to sit normally.

We stay quiet for a bit. Edd breaks the silence... Wait why does Edd have Cereal in his hoodie? "We got you some noodles" Matt throws a cup at me- And oh my god I actually caught it! Damien meanwhile got hit in the back of the head unphased.

I push him with my foot, he glances over and I point to the noodles which landed next to him. He immediately inhales before going to the highest voice possible "Oh shit, motherfucker we got noodles!" He picked it up and started chewing the side of the cup aggressively.

"Damien!" I push him with my foot and he starts getting further away on his wheelie chair. Damien panics and tries to reach out to me with one arm. "No, Jack, no, Jack, Jack, Jack, don't let go, Jack!" He repeated while slowly going away.

~EDD'S P.O.V~

We wait a bit until Damien hit the wall and stopped repeating 'Jack' without breathing once. "Anyway, where's Paul?" Jordan gestures to the magnet room window. Guess he went back in. I lean over the panel to see, I can't see him anywhere. I glance to the left and see him sitting on the ladder with Zaptryk floating just I front of him. They're having a conversation it looks like.

"How long has he been in there?" Matt asks, sounding concerned.

Jordan shrugs without saying anything.

Should I ask about the person outside the barrier. They're both scientists or at least work with stuff like this. Screw it I will. "Hey, Jordan. You all have chips in you, right?"

I get off the glass I was leaning on "And it prevents you from getting off the barrier?"

"Yeah, Paul probably doesn't have his chip in but the rest of us do" He replies, putting his feet on the counter.

"So... There is no way out of the barrier?"

Jordan hesitates or thinks for a second. "Well, you can be let out by the red leader. But if you haven't had your chip disabled and you tried to leave you can get a few steps before... You know". He glances to me expecting me to know.

I tilt my head, not understanding. Jordan looks to Damien who was surprisingly listening. He looks to me with an almost terrifying smile and slides a finger across his neck. Even making the sound affect of a neck being slit. Oh...

"Why do you ask?" Jordan sounds so casual after just talking about death.

I look up to Matt who was eating cereal. "Well, we saw someone outside the barrier.. They had little devices and were putting them where I think the barrier ended... Or started?" I reach into my cereal box to discover it was empty.

Jordan was immediately taken into shock. He thought for a second "D-did they have a uniform?"

"Well, no... They kind of had a black hood" Forcing myself not to stutter.

Jordan glanced over to Damien who was strongly suspicious... More of me than anything else. He was holding his noodle cup like it was extremely precious. Jordan laughed once in an unnerved tone. "Don't worry" He smiled brightly. Still worried though "Red leader gets alarmed when someone is near the barrier".

Well... Tord seems pretty protective of his base so I can trust that.

~TOM'S P.O.V~

Tord isn't back yet. Where the hell is he? Maybe he's gone to get it fixed. Or killing someone. Two very different but possible things. I step into the elevator and hit the floor with my shoe. We don't move. I hit it a few more times. The Elevator rattled. Not a good sign. We started going down at an unnervingly slow pace.

As the glass box slid down the sound of static in ripped wires got louder. We passed those wires with little bits of electricity coming off the wire. The lights went out. Shit. We kept going though. I turn around so I didn't have to look at the wires. Instead I got to see the broken glass and punch marks in the opposite side of the elevator that I didn't even notice. Holy shit, Tord... What the hell did I do?

Instead of watching either side I just watch the right-hand side of the elevator. Breathing started to get faster as the elevator slowed down. The small 'ding' even sounding distorted. A black silhouette grabbed my attention.

I glance over, two devil horns. Shit. "Where the hell do you think, you're going?" He growled. Trying to get my words together made me seem more suspicious "Believe it or not, I was actually looking for you". I cross my arms, trying to seem unafraid of him.

Tord rolled his neck all the way around to each shoulder once before speaking again. "You know I don't appreciate a liar, Thomas" He sounded more tired of my shit. Out of no where he keeps me slammed against the glass Elevator wall. "So, how about you head back up and call it a night?" His blind eye seemed to glow.

I nod, not wanting to get killed in an elevator. I gulp. He smiles softly and innocently. My eyes had just adjusted to the lighting so I could see the smallest blood splatter across the right side of his face. Fuck. "Good choice..".

He steps back, the broken glass shards crackling under his boot. Right before stepping out he hits the floor with his shoe and jumps out. The glass door rattles as it closes. He smiles, putting both of his hands on the glass. A new hand shaped blood splatter in front of me.

He breathed on the glass, fogging it up before using his blood covered hand to draw a heart. The elevator started going up before he could finish the second side of the shape, giving the bloody-love symbol a long tail. The smallest muffled voice could be heard "I love you, Thomas~".

A/N

So it begins...