Departing Days (3)

~THREE YEARS AND TWO MONTHS BEFORE DEPARTURE~

A lot had happened, but Yuu kept his distance from all of that. By now, Tord was the new leader of the 'red army', and the new base which was above ground was underway. As for the ex-leader; Ruth, she was alive but kept in a cell in the old base. Liam had no idea where she was or what was happening, he asked everyday 'where's Ruth' but got no answer.

It was also frequent now for Mee and Yuu to have emotional break downs which Tord would handle by re-wrapping the manipulable counterpart around their finger; pretending to act 'lovey-dovey.' Yuu knew but also had a new issue; his sanity had lowered with the training since it mildly represented killing others and being violent.

~THREE YEARS AND ONE MONTH BEFORE DEPARTURE~

By now any mentioning of Ruth would be returned by punishment; more specifically 'therapy' which would mainly be shock therapy. Liam got abused frequently but it didn't stop him, leading to more abuse and therapy.

That's when the 'black jacket' term was made, Liam became one of the first few to get a black sweater and the term which frightened many.

~THREE YEARS UNTIL DEPARTURE~

The base was close to done, the barrier was up, uniforms and main buildings were complete. But today was the day that Tord made a decision that was oblivious to Mee and Yuu who were in the spire calmly reading.

Stepping out of the elevator, "Mee!" He called, expecting him to be further away. Yuu responded, "I'm here." He stared up at Tord who had his long denim coat, he smiled brightly, going over to the table and leaning over to Mee's face, "Guess what day it is~?!" He sang.

"New years eve... Or day?" Mee squinted, trying to remember what order it was in, "Tonight will be a new year." He explained. Tord giggled, smiling and looking to the side cheerily, "yes~ But what else~?"

Thinking, Mee thought he may have got it, "The one year anniversary since you joined the army!" He clicked his fingers and smiled brightly. Tord chuckled, making a 'ding, ding' sound, "And today I have something planned for tonight,~" He purred, making Mee get the wrong idea and flush up slightly, "The public assassination of Ruth!~"

Instantly all the color from Yuu and Mee's face faded, "O-oh..." he quietly mumbled, pulling the book over his face. "I'll let you break the news, and bring her breakfast." Tord smiled in a way that made one part of the duo flutter and the other burn with hate.

"I'll get her meal, you stay right there." He hummed, poking Mee's nose and walking off into the elevator. Sighing wistfully, Mee stood up and went over to one of the walls, 'you can't still be this infatuated with him, can you?' Yuu asked with a hint of frustration in his voice.

"I'm sorry, I can't help I'm in love," Mee replied, flicking one of the painted walls the had a crack before managing to open it. "You're not in love, you're in a predicament." Mee rolled his eyes at Yuu, "Hey, this is my friend-anniversary and I plan on spending it with him... After I deal with Ruth..." He sighed, pulling out a cream white box.

Mee stumbled and stood up, going back to where he was sitting, accidentally leaving the wall open. The elevator doors opened and Tord had a plastic bag with a box of what was likely food in it. The first thing Tord noticed was the box, "Whatcha got there?" he asked putting the bag down beside him.

Excitedly, Mee blushed and smiled, "Happy friend-iversary." He tried to cheer but just used a sweet and calm voice instead. Tord seemed surprised he remembered, he took to box and opened it, Tord went wide eyed, taking out a box of wrapped up weed, "where and how?" He looked to Mee who was fidgeting and smiling nervously, "It's just safer than the cigarettes you use now."