Puns and Predictions

~MEE'S P.O.V~

Now that I've done half of what I- think I need to do, my next part is to help my friends be freed from this place! Then I can die in peace. But would I have to free everyone? Liam, Basil?.. Tord? If they escaped they'd be thrown in an asylum or worse. With what they've done or what they've become there's practically no saving them... Maybe if we're lucky Liam is just pretending to be mentally handicapped again to avoid suspicion.

I look behind me to see the crowd of new people in the army. Poor guys don't know what they signed up for. I keep walking, mask on half of my face as I keep looking back. "No, Chris, drop the chalk!" I hear a distressed voice warn. I look over, knowing who it was already. Basil was standing outside the burned down Hospital with what seemed to be majority of the unfixable about. Including Liam who was sitting amongst rubble fidgeting with something.

Sharply, I inhale and walk over. Basil seemed fine after yesterday, he was yelling at an unfixable who I vaguely remember. Dark skin, fuzzy hair and now gold eyes with a thick lizard tail and horns. As well as what seems like geko hands. In his mouth was a piece of chalk which he threw in the air with his mouth and ate. "Damnit, Chris- you're gonna throw up rabies shit again!" Basil screamed, putting his arm out as a gesture. Then he noticed me.

Basil paused, watching me with a blank look, eyebrows lightly crossed. He lowered his arm and struggled to pick up a support beam. He's doing that thing where it he's trying to make it look like he doesn't care or has better things to do. Eventually he gives up and looks at me, looking at him. "What?" He asked, leaning against a standing piece of wall which soon fell. He stumbled and stood up, staring with looks bolting left and right.

While staring awkwardly, I step forward, making Basil step back, "What are you doing?" Basil stumbled over a piece of wall behind him. He then stands as tall- as he can, trying to look brave but ends up defensive, "Independently caring for the mentally disabled," He put his arms out and looked at me with a confused/accusing expression, "Fucking, sue me!" he raised his arms. His right hand was grabbed seconds before hitting Liam in the face. The one who caught his hand.

Looking at Liam now was a nightmare, painful and guilt consuming. He had nubby horns on his head, black sores or marks on his hands and neck and one side of his face are completely bandaged. Now, whenever his eyes are open they're a bright, unnatural green. He stared at Basil, slowly putting his arm down. Then squatting down, picking up a blowtorch from the dirt and rubble.

"H-hey Li'!" I try to break the ice with him, he doesn't even seem to hear me. Ouch. Another unfixable comes down. Holy shit this one has wings. A blonde boy with fluorescent pink eyes and a lighter colored pupil flew onto the pile of pipes. His dragon-like wings were dark and patchy with pink. His horns were sharp and pointed diagonally up. The humanoid sat up normally with his legs crossed. He gave a smug look to Liam, sticking his tongue out.

For whatever reason, this ticks Liam off, crossing his brows and flicking on the blowtorch right next to the demon looking things head. Instantly the humanoid' hair, eyes and even tail I didn't notice turned into a blue flame. They scream like an animal and fly up. There was another silence as Basil let me process what I had just witnessed.

"I'm taking this," Liam stated before climbing back up the rubble pile. Basil who was as disturbed as the rest finally explained... Something? "So that was Jackie, he's fine by the way, he kinda- adapted to fire?"

"Basil," I say sternly, looking to him, "What the fuck have you done to these people?" He shoots a gaze of offense to me, hand on his chest and all, "Me?! Wha- I got dragged into this! I just watch them make sure no one finds out about them!" Around us are crawling humanoid lizards, flaming-dino-people, and just general mess. "Clearly, I suck at my job."