Promise me to Lie

~JORDAN'S P.O.V~

For whatever reason I wake up, not sure if something woke me or I just had enough sleep which would suck since it's still dark out. The sun was due to set at around nine-o'clock pm tonight so it's probably somewhat late. I decide to try and fall asleep again, ignoring the fact Dame wasn't holding onto me so I figured he was asleep and fine.

When I close my eyes I'm immediately brought back to consciousness when I hear faint crying from behind me, more specifically Damien's crying. I shift to face him and see he was asleep and in tears falling from his eyes while making small whimpering noises and being extremely tensed up. "D-Dame?" I go wide eyed, feeling sick in the stomach.

He clenches his jaw and tenses up more, he starts to speak a little "Jordan," He tried to reach out to something after saying my name, "Please don't go- I-," He started to break down again. Crap, he must be having a nightmare where I die or leave him. Quickly I grab one of his hands, he stops; giving me the chance to intertwine my fingers with his, "Hey, hey; I'm ok, we're ok" I say quietly to try and make his dream better.

He seemed a little surprised, still in tears he started to whimper a little bit more. Poor Dame, all this is finally getting to him; I sigh a little before shuffling to hug Damien my arms around his neck, he weakly hugs me back. His breathing was hitched and he was still having the nightmare obviously.

After that he starts to talk again, "Why," He starts to clench onto me, "Why... can't I just love you!?" He said in such a heart wrenching tone, making my own heart shatter.

"You can," I try to say in a bright tone, "listen; we're going to get out of here and we'll be fine, we'll um... Get a house, and be together-."

"I can't keep seeing you die anymore!" He tries to let go of me, but I hug him tightly, it hurts me to see Damien like this, therapy has messed him up big time. "O-oh, and when we get out of here we can get you actual therapy so you don't feel so scared."

He slowly started to seem like he was calming down, making me feel calm again. "We'll be ok, got it?"

He breathed unevenly before replying, "Ok," he inhaled and calmed down a lot more, "Jordan?" He questioned first, his voice sounding clearer to the point I think he might be awake. "Hm?" I reply, loosening my hold on him. He whimpers a little, "I love you."

After a sigh and smile I reply, moving myself away from him slightly so I'm still hugging him but I can see his face which I was correct in believing he is awake, "I like you too" I say before resting my head in the crook of his neck. I felt like sleeping but was scared to encase Dame had another one of those dreams. He's been through a lot, he's broken enough as it is.

"You want to go back to sleep, or pull an all-nighter with the lamp?" I ask, trying to look up at him. He seems to think for a bit, "Eh, I'm too tired to sleep," He shrugs, starting to shift to get up, "Let's build a lamp until we're done with Paul's shit."

I sit up on my knees and giggle a little, "Profanity, and sounds like a plan." Dame leans to get his jacket and falls off the bed, making me laugh even more. He starts to put on his sweater and after that he buttoned up his lab coat, this was my que to start to get changed instead of accidently staring. It was an accident, I swear... Well I don't swear but I wasn't purposely being lewd!

When I grab my sweater, I hear Dame ask from the other side of the bed, "Hey, have you noticed that everyone here is gay with someone?" He sounds generally confused with the question, "Not that I'm complaining but... It seems very coincidental."

At that moment the best idea comes into my head, "Well you can't spell 'homosapien' without 'homo'" I do a 'swag like' stance like an obnoxious teen would.