Prove Yourself

~JORDAN'S P.O.V~

Damien pushed the two doors open, the room was empty. Been a long time since we've even seen inside this place; the gym. Where most of the soldiers or lonely repressed men hang out. That's just how Dame described it a pretty long while ago. "Haven't been here in a long time" I comment.

"Sure haven't, cannot say it's been missed" Damien adds his own thoughts, making me laugh at how relatable they were. The only times I went in here was to get Yuu, occasionally Patryk or Paul, and on the rare occasion of having to get someone who wouldn't show up to get something from me. "Usually this place is packed, where is everyone?" I ask, looking around at the no one around.

"The lab is always empty but no one questions why" He responds.

After a short inhale, I answer him "Dame, no one goes to the lab because you're there". Not to mention it is the most boring place to be. "Nou, ik denk dat dat is waarom je nooit meer terug gekomen" He says in a randomly dark tone.

"What did you say?" I ask, stepping next to him. He turns to me and flips off his goggles, teary eyes which made me feel upset myself "I ran out of breadsticks" his voice cracked as he said this. I sigh, trying not to be frustrated but I'm relieved he's fine "Dame, it's fine", I pat his shoulder "What are we here for?"

"Oh right, follow me", he pulls me along again, not giving me a choice to follow or not. We walk to the other pair of doors in the corner of the gym before Dame shoves one open and I shove the other one open. There's a short hallway that we walk down with no problem, finally we open those doors and get greeted by a blue almost glowing pool.

"Why are we here?" I cross my arms and walk over to the water, it had steam coming off it. Must be warm in there compared to outside. Not hearing Damien, I turn around "Dame- holy hecking heckaloid heck!" I jump, turning red instantly at the sight of Damien starting to take his sweater off, his coat and goggles just put by him.

He stops half way, staring at me confused "We're going swimming, right?"

"I dunno, are we?!" I want to cover my face but I also want to be audible.

"No, I just bought us here so we could look at the pretty blue water" he sarcastically said, in a weird voice as well. "Gosh damnit, Damien" I grumble, holding my flustered face in my hands. I heard him walk over to me and felt him take hold of my hands, moving them away from my face. I glance up at him and flush up more, he was staring at me a few inches away from my face.

He stares at me in the eye with a deadpan expression, I just stare back because he's freaking me out. Slowly he leans forward to- kiss me?! In a moment of confused, flustered panic I shove him in the chest, making me step back, I trip over the unlevel ground around the pool edge and fall into the pool.

Luckily I know how to swim enough to survive so I quickly surface and catch my breath. Damien was staring down at me with a small smile and wide eyes, trying not to laugh. "You are such an as- prick!" Almost swore there. Damien did his off-putting laugh which I grew to enjoy. Just because of the fan bill cipher human designs... They just look cool, ok?! He wiped a tear from laughing then spoke up "So, how's the water, Woodpecker?"

I swim over to the edge where Damien was kneeling, "Why don't you..." I pause just for dramatic affect "Try yourself?!" I grab his collar and pull him into the pool, making him have an short lived screech as he splashed in. I start laughing so hard it hurts.

Suddenly Damien spits some of the pool water on me- yes, spat... On my face. "Ew, gross!" I shove him again, he smiles while looking proud of himself. "That why you're smiling?" He tilts his head. I take a moment to acknowledge my smile before wiping it off my face, getting red again. "Oh shush, it's just funny". He giggles behind his hand.