Minho part 2

Minho carefully ran down the steep-ish hill. It was not easy and he kept stumbling. Once he tripped over a rock and landed face first on the ground. He made a face as he spat out dirt and kept running.

He finally made it and crept behind a tree. That pushy group was very near and he watched them. It wasn't long before he became engrossed by an inspiring speech. Closer and closer he ventured.

"I know you doubt me. I know you always have. And you're right. I often think of Bag End. I miss my books. And my armchair. And my garden. See, that's where I belong. That's home. That's why I came back.  'Cause you don't have one. A home. It was taken from you. But I will help you take it back if I can."

There was silence until Minho suddenly burst out sobbing. He took no notice as the dwarves and the motivational speaker tuned and looked oddly at him.

"That- that was beautiful! Much better than be careful don't die." He managed to say.

One young dwarf with black hair, who was Kili, raised his hand.

"I like yours better."

Beside Kili, a blonde dwarf with braids elbowed him in the rib. Minho wiped his eyes and returned to his cool, calm and collective attitude.

"Hi Gandalf." Said Minho.

"Uh- who are you?" Asked the motivational speaker.

But he was shut down as a very proud and loud dwarf stepped up.

"I shall ask the questions. Who are you, stranger. Speak and your death shall be swift. Stay silent and your death shall be long and painful."

Minho raised an eyebrow. 'Is this guy for real?'

"Ok dude chill. I'm Minho. You may have seen me back in that cave, as a rug."

"I find your attitude disagreeable." Returned the angry dwarf.

"And I find your big feet stepping on my back disagreeable."

Quietly, but not unnoticed, a few of the dwarfs snickered.

"Silence!" Shouted the dwarf.

"Are you going to tell me your name?" Asked Minho.

The dwarf eyed Minho suspiciously.

"You have some nerve." He said with a glare.

At that moment there was a sound that stopped the conversation. Out from behind them a large warg suddenly attacked!

Minho watched in amazement as the beast was killed. He wasn't paying much attention. But he did manage to hear Gandalf say,

"Out of the fryingpan, and into the fire!"

'Frypan!' Thought Minho sadly.

He was having a sudden burst of homesickness. He was not to dwell on his homesickness for long because he and this odd company of dwarves had to start running because their life depended on it.

As Minho ran, he glanced over at the dwarves, they were keeping up pretty good. Falling in beside Gandalf, he struck up a conversation.

"So, is this normal for you guys?"

Gandalf let out a huff and said nothing.

"I mean this running constantly, I think I'd fit in pretty good."

"Then you should know not to talk while you run." The wizard replied while trying to breath and run at the same time.

"Anyway, what's up with tree dude back there?" Minho asked.

"To whom are you referring to?"

Minho clapped his hand to his forearm. "The grumpy one."

Gandalf let out a chuckle. "Ah, you are referring to Thorin Oakenshield."

"What's his problem?"

"You would not understand. We are on a quest." Huffed Gandalf as he avoided tripping over a rock.

"Got room for one more?"

"That must be taken up with the leader of our company."

Minho picked up his speed a little. "Yeah? Who's that?"

"Thorin Oakenshield."

Minho lost his footing and fell. He again found himself being stepped over by dwarf feet.

'Will this ever end?!' He thought.

Suddenly a strong hand grabbed him up by the back of his shirt. Minho was back on his feet and running again. He looked over to see it was none other than....

"Thorin?" Minho said surprisingly.

"I have one burden in this company, I do not need another. "

"Does this mean I'm in?" Minho questioned.

"There is a matter of a contract you must sign-"

Thorin kept talking, but Minho heard none of it. An overwhelming burst of memory came to him.

'Bilbo's contract? What's so important about that? And who's Bilbo?'

To be continued....