☤ six | brian

"wake up."

"..."

"get up right now."

"..."

"brian."

"...jae?"

sungjin face palmed as i opened my eyes.

"i'm not jae, i'm sungjin."

"i know, i know. sorry."

my white curtains let sunlight shine through them as sungjin held a water bottle in front of me. i couldn't remember much of what happened yesterday besides going by the fence around heaven's hospital.

"did i meet jae?"

"no. you fainted."

"oh."

no wonder i didn't recall anything happening after i reached the fence. sungjin twisted the cap off the bottle and passed it to me, which i then took a big gulp out of. my head still felt very dizzy and my body was pulling me down.

"sungjin today can we go back-"

"you are not going to meet jae."

"why?"

"it's not safe for you to go there."

"please sungjin."

"i can't believe you actually want to go. i thought you were just drunk."

"i miss him like crazy sungjin."

sungjin just rolled his eyes at me.

"first you say that you don't care about him and talk about him like trash and now you're all over him and he became your number 1 priority."

"i just have mixed feelings."

"well you better hurry up and choose one because having these mixed feelings and meeting jae will make everything worse. you already broke his heart once, don't do it twice."

i had to admit that sungjin was right. if i didn't get my act together then i could make the situation worse and possibly regret.

"what would you do if you were in my position?"

"first of all i wouldn't have sent jae to heaven's hospital out of nowhere for basically no reason. that's it. that's basically where everything started younghyun."

"true."

just sending jae away was the problem. i don't even know why i sent him back there. i felt like if i got more attached to him things wouldn't turn out good. but in the end, things still aren't good.

"didn't you have a human friend that you turned in? didn't his name start with the letter j or something?", i asked.

"yes i did but i didn't turn him in. he turned himself in."

sungjin crossed his arms and sighed.

"if you actually take this seriously and think about this maybe i will consider to take you to see jae."