☤ nineteen | dowoon

"where could it be?"

i drove slowly as i wanted to examine every detail around the neighborhood. my hands were cold and shaking. i drove past all the familiar buildings and sighed. was it not in this area?

"wait..."

"promise me you'll never go over that fence."

"why?"

"you're going to die."

"then why are you going?"

"because mommy has to."

"no..."

my eyes started to shake as i made an abrupt u-turn. the red lights looked blurry as a bunch of cars honked with agitated drivers, ready to beat sense into my ass. i never thought i would have to match the speed of my car to the speed of my heart.

"where the fuck are you?"

the night sky seemed to get impossibly darker. it was like the sky didn't want to guide me in the right way with their stars. my eyes started to focus when the familiar playground appeared.

"dowoon!"

a tall woman with black shoulder length hair had her arms across her breasts. she was wearing a black pencil skirt with a black button up shirt that was tucked in. she had a black blazer, added on with long black heel boots. her eyes didn't give a welcoming stare, nor to children or adults.

"isn't your mama calling?", wonpil asked.

"yeah, but she doesn't let me do anything", dowoon pouted as he licked over a pebble.

"there you are."

speaking of the devil, she grabbed dowoon's ear, dragging him away from his best friend. wonpil gave a small smile as he waved goodbye.

"mommy! that hurts!", her son cried.

she threw him into the car and pointed her long, point nails at him, like a knife. 

"how many times do i have to tell you to stay at home?!"

she slapped him and scratched his face. blood started to seep out the lines on his face. she was never happy.

and she didn't want him to be happy either.

"i hate you!"

the sound of tires screeching soon turned into an enormous boom. the smell of rubber and fire filled the once clean air. i rolled out the car as glass started to make the same marks my mother did. letting my head rest on the grass i saw the exact same fence i couldn't cross.

i finally found you.