☤ twenty - eight | brian

i woke up to a gray ceiling with flakes of dust floating through the air. i was on a bed, arms cuffed to the sides and my mouth shut with tape and cloth. my head was throbbing and my lungs were burning. my muscles felt like they were slowly shedding as my bones melted away. my eyeballs could fall out my sockets anytime soon.

"hi baby..."

a girl walked up to me, her nails glided against my face. who is she? i can barely see her. my vision is so blurry i can barely even make out blotches of color.

"everything will be okay," she whispers.

i feel unsafe. i feel un-okay. i feel like my world was ending. i feel like some kind of doll under a careless child's control. i can't make words. i can barely move my mouth.

where am i? what am i? who am i?

i don't even remember my own name right now. what if i'm not even a person?

"babe, you're sweating. i won't hurt you. it's just me, your girlfriend, ava. don't you remember? it's okay if you don't. you did get hit pretty bad. it was quite the car accident."

car accident? me? i can drive? well, clearly not if i got into an accident. i make weird noises through the cloth which makes her chuckle.

"i don't know what you're saying honey but, i can't take it off. sorry."

what kind of procedure requires this much? why am i kept so captive? i can feel her smiling, but it doesn't feel warm.

"oh bri...you poor thing."

she walks away from my sight but i know she's on the other side of the room. i can hear a door open and close. in her hand is a dark bottle, i think. my hands start to shake. my veins are gonna pop. my skin is drying up. i can't control myself!

she pulls it out and pours it on my eyes. my eyes feel like they might burst like a water balls being slammed into a needle. i see red. i see blood. i scream. i scream so loud that i am unheard.

"welcome to heaven's hospital", she whispers into my ears.

heaven's hospital? this feels like hell.