Chapter 34:

It was around 3AM, and all of us were hiding around my house, playing hide and seek. I had been looking for a spot for like 10 minutes now, moving from here to there. Gladly Mason was the one who had to be looking for us, which is why we all got extra time to hide. Mason takes so long to start looking that you'll be surprised.

I think I saw someone move down, so I quickly picked up my pace and ran towards my room.

Bang.

"Ouch."

"Aahhh!" I groaned, rubbing the side of my head.

"Watch it!" Ashton laughed.

"Yeah well, you do realise its dark?" I countered.

"My bad." He said.

We both entered my room at the same time, guess we found the same hiding place.

Boom. I heard a loud noise, it wasn't someone falling, or something falling but it kinda sounded like a..like a gun shot.

Are you serious?

"I-is-was, uh, w-was that what I think it is?" I asked Ashton, clearly nervous and panicking.

"Under the bed, now." He ordered, rather than replying to me.

Boom. Boom. Boom. The sounds were repeated again.

When I thought I was scared earlier, I was wrong. I was beyond terrified. There was someone shooting right outside MY house, and I was fucking inside it.

"Call 911." Ashton ordered, again.

We slid under the bed, with him right beside me.

I pulled out my phone, only to see that my battery was drained. Wow, you gotta be kidding me.

"A-ashton? No battery." I managed to say.

Bang. Another few more bullets were hit, and if I wasn't wrong, I think I heard the glass shatter. My friends were inside the house. I hope no one was smart enough to hang out rather than hide.

My heart started beating faster, and I could hear it beating loud and clear.

This was terrifying. Never in my life had I imagined to be in a situation like this, but here I am, in a house filled with 16 year olds, alone, and someone firing guns right outside. Why does my life have to be so dramatic? Can't it be simple and you know, normal for once?

Bang. I was taken by surprise and let out a small scream.

Ashton could feel me shivering beside him, so he pulled me into him, wrapping a hand around my waist and hiding me under him. Normally I would have felt fine, but today was different, I was still shaking, I had this weird feeling like this wasn't good, this was just the start. Like you know the 6th sense feeling? I don't know if I'm making any sense right now, I probably aren't. But still, I wasn't fine, and I was sure that this was not random.

Ashton pulled out his phone, and dimmed the brightness, so it wouldn't hurt our eyes.

Should he call 911? Of course he should. Why am I even questioning it?

Stupid Anna.

Instead of dialling, he opened our group chat.

"Wha-Ashton? Call 911!" I whispered

"I'm not that dumb Anns! I know, I don't have network!" He replied back using the same whispered voice.

"Well then why are you opening our group chat?"

"Smart ass, my internet is working on your wifi."

"Oh, right right," I nodded, understanding.