Chapter 48:

“Um I don’t know Jer! You’re supposed to be helpful! At least give me a couple of clues?” I asked putting forth my best puppy dog eyes.

“I swear, I would help you but I don’t know where anyone went. We split apart from McDonald’s down this road and walked looking for our own gifts to you.” He explained, with complete honesty.

I sighed, bumping hard against my seat in frustration. Till now we had been to 5 different places I expected at least one of them to go. But guess what? No luck what so ever. I checked out Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Food Plaza-

“Oh my gods!” I yelled.

“WHAT?”

“I just realized all the places we checked out were food-related! Of course they wouldn’t go there because they know I love food and I would stop now and then to get some chocolaty goods and that is why the smart asses stayed away from the food stops”

Jer looked at me, then commented “Genius”

“Aw thanks, now um take me to the main street again” I ordered.

“Yes ma’am”

I scanned the streets for shops that I would never in a million years enter in.

“Woah wait, wait, wait. Stop here!” I shouted as I saw a tiny shop of mobile covers. Every other shop surrounding it was somewhere I would totally go, so this was my next best choice.

“Okay, go ahead, I’ll park and come” He said, before dropping me off and speeding away.

I walked into the cute little shop, looking around me for those sparkly silver clues.

The lady on the desk asked politely asked, “Hello miss, how may I help you?”

“Um I am looking for-uh, I don’t know really” I blushed at the stupidity of my statement. Too embarrassed to hold the conversation, I walked further into the store.

“Oh, I am guessing you’re looking for this?” she then asked, holding out those shiny silver clue thingies.

“Oh right! Yes, thanks!” I said quickly ripping open the envelope.

It said, OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK AROUND, FOR YOU WILL FIND WHAT YOU CANNOT SURROUND. (SORRY, I SUCK AT RHYMING, BUT WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS SOMETHING YOU HAVE WANTED FOREVER. ALL OF THEM STARING AT YOU RIGHT NOW.)

What can I possibly have been wanted from a mobile covers store?

Well, I do already have tons of covers; I don’t see a need for another one?

Okay something that I have always wanted…I chanted looking around the tiny shop when I spotted the very first gift with a little sticker saying number 1 on it. I let out a small scream as I rushed over to watch it from a closer distance.

It was a customized mobile cover with one of my favorite quotes from Percy Jackson; it said “BOB SAYS HELLO” and the background were filled with twinkling stars in the night sky. It was just so beautiful.

As I flipped the cover around, I saw that ‘Love Andrew x’ was printed across the center.

This was like the best gift ever.

As I walked ahead, and scanned my eyes over more of the covers I found tons of other ones that ranged from the numbers 2-7.

My favorite one was one that said ‘OH MY GODS!’ I started chuckling at that.