Chapter 63:

I was finally able to sneak a glance of myself in the mirror. I was so annoyed and grumpy after being forced to sit in one place for 3 hours that I couldn’t wait to run out of my room. Maddison wouldn’t even let me go pee, she said I could do all of that once she was done with my makeup. God alone knows what she did to my face for 2 whole hours.

Well, face and hair.

“Alright, open ‘em. I’m done, now all is left is your necklace, heels and of course, your dress” she said clapping her hands together.

“Firstly, my eyes were already open. I almost saw myself, and secondly, I can’t really see anything if you’re standing right in front of my face with your hands on your hips. You’re literally covering my face,”

She grinned at me, “Oops, but I couldn’t let you see yourself while I was still doing your makeup.”

I smiled at her, “I love you for that, I know you must have done a wonderful job and all, but right now I need to get up and stretch my limbs or else I will for sure be stuck in this position for the rest of my life”

She rolled her eyes, “You’re so dramatic, alright, alright, I’ll leave you to yourself, and I’ll go put my dress on”

Maddison was already done with her makeup; she was stripped into her spandex and a loose shirt over it. She hurried away from me and began stripping so she could put her dress on. I let out a light laugh, shaking my head at her hyperactivity.

Yes, I get it, prom equals big deal, but I couldn’t shake the feeling that my mom should be there.

She should have been here, the nagging kind who wants to take a couple 100 pictures of her kid and her date. I wouldn’t mind taking 1000 pictures if it meant for her to be here.

I sighed, and glimpsed at the mirror.

I had long wavy brown hair, they weren’t straight, nor were done in curls. They were nice, crispy waves. I haven’t ever seen my hair in waves, and it was a new look for me. I don’t know if it suited me or not? But, heck it looked good. Mom would have surely loved it.

My eyes were now fuller, outlined with think black wings on each side. My lashes looked so long and thick that someone could have mistaken them for fake ones, but they weren’t fake- that I knew for sure. I don’t know what the hell Maddison did but it worked. My lips were painted red, not very dark and bright though, it was minimal and made me look…alive?

Not that I was dead of course, it just gave much more life to my face.

I stared at my reflection for a few minutes taking in what a little makeup can do. My not so fantastic brown eyes now looked viewable. They now looked like the kinda eyes boys describe falling for.

I got up from my seat in front of the mirror and made my way towards the bed, where my dress was neatly laid out. I stared at that too, for a moment. It was so beautiful, all so perfect I was scared something would ruin it.

All I had to do was hope for the best; I couldn’t let anyone take this away.

This was my happy place.

I stripped out of my loose t-shirt and sweats, carefully trying not to mess my hair up. Then I slipped into the gorgeous silver-white dress Ashton bought for me. I had no idea from where; I had never seen anything like this in the market. It fit me perfectly, hugged my curves on the right places.

I checked myself out in the mirror, making sure everything looked in place.

Then, I held my angel necklace in my palms and left my room with Maddison calling behind me, asking me where I was running off to. I stuffed my legs into my heels on the way out and descended the stairs.