6: Trost Falls

Over the past year, you can safely say that you had become extremely close with Marco and Jean. Marco was kind and always happy, and Jean may have been extremely cocky, but deep down, he cared. Even some other cadets noticed a slight difference in you. You had become more open and nice.

Christina was right. She most likely saw something in the two boys that would be able to help you find 'closure'.

You were currently cleaning the outer wall of Trost.

"I don't understand how they accidentally chose eleven top cadets instead of ten." Connie chuckled. "How'd they manage to do that?"

"Yea. Hey what was your rank Jean?" You asked.

"Sixth. At least you got fourth." He scoffed.

"Be happy you'll be able to join the military police, kid." You rolled your eyes and snickered.

Jean always complained about everything, which was one of your biggest pet peeves.

Everyone turned around to see Sasha hiding something in her jacket.

She pulled out some meat.

"Guess what I got." She said, drooling.

"Where the hell did you get that?" Connie asked.

"I stole it, but, don't tell anyone. I'm saving it for later." Sasha put the meat in a chest, and helped you clean the top of the wall.

You heard Eren blabbering about as usual, but you ignored him and didn't pay much attention.

A fraction of a second later, a shot of lightning came out of nowhere and created a small earthquake, knocking all the cadets off the wall.

You quickly flung the grapples from your gear to the top of the wall, saving you from falling. You looked up. The Colossal titan was looking over the wall, as if the wall was nothing but a fence to keep your dog enclosed in a backyard.

You cursed under your breath.

"It's happening again! We're going to die!" Connie panicked.

"No, Connie! This was what we trained for!" You shouted.

You then saw Eren fling himself up the wall, going in for an attack. Your eyes widened.

What an idiot! You thought.

You heard large booms and felt the ground shake. You looked below you: there was a hole in the wall.

This was looking all too familiar.

"Damn it! That son of a bitch!" You shouted and grit your teeth.

You flung yourself over the wall to attack the Colossal titan. Jean watched you.

"[Y/N]! Are you trying to kill yourself?" Jean yelled.

Too late.

You and Eren were already onto the titan. You swung yourself to the nape of the neck. Before making contact, the titan disappeared, leaving you hanging on the outer side of the wall.

"Fuck!" You cursed. Trost's wall had been breached.

You quickly headed towards the commander for further instructions.

You were put in a group Jean and Marco, along with Connie, Sasha, Ymir, and Krista. You set off to slay some titans and get the residents of Trost out of harms way.

All you could hear were screams of terror, cries of young children looking for their parents. You saw tears of pain. People crushed under rocks, and under demolished houses. You were reliving your worst nightmare.