13: Four Days

—nsfw!

It's been four days since the expedition. Jean still hasn't woken up, and you spent countless hours in the infirmary waiting for his eyes to jolt open. Luckily, his heart was still beating, and he was still breathing normally. Soon, you were to head out to Stohess, to capture the female titan. She was recognized as none other than your roommate back in training, Annie Leonhart.

"Come on, Jean." You muttered, looking down at him.

You heard a creak from the door. Your mother popped her head through.

"You gonna eat anything?" She asked.

"Yea, I'm coming." You sighed, walking out the room.

You missed barging into Eren and Jean's stupid fights. You missed skipping rocks with Jean, regardless of how boring it got. You even missed stable duty with him, even though it consisted of picking up horse shit.

"Damn it, Jean." You cursed under your breath. "Why wouldn't you just let me die? You always have to play hero."

"What did you say?" Christina spat.

"Nothing. Nothing important." You answered.

"I could've sworn I heard you say something about dying. I never knew my daughter was suicidal." She raised her eyebrow.

"That's not what I meant." You growled. "I was the one who fainted during the excursion so I should've been the one in that bed."

"Well, he did it cause he cares about you."

"I just wish he wouldn't have done that." You muttered. "Look at his condition. What if he doesn't wake up?"

You both continued walking down the dark corridor until you arrived in the dining area. Lunch was the usual: Potato stew and stale bread. You really got sick of the same thing over and over again, but at this point, you were glad you had food. You ate quietly and finished first.

Once you finished, you went to the kitchen and made another egg omelette. You had a gut feeling today would be the day that Jean would wake up, so you made him lunch. Though, you began to feel bad about making him the same thing every day, but it was the most you could do with the food in the pantry.

You walked out the kitchen, and went straight to the infirmary. Jean was still asleep. You decided to get into bed with him. Soon enough, you too drifted into a deep sleep.

Jean's eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Ugh," He groaned. The sunlight temporarily blinded him.

He felt a presence next to him, and turned to see you sleeping beside him. He thought it was cute.

Christina walked in, surprised that Jean was sitting in an upright position.

"Jean! Your up! Thank goodness!" She whispered, rushing to give him a hug.

"How long have I been out?" Jean asked.

"About a week and a half." Christina replied.

"I must've really taken a hit." Jean sighed. "It feels like I was in a coma."

He smelled the air around him. Something smelled familiar. He looked over to his side and saw an omelette.

"Oh!" Christina blurted. "[Y/N] has been making you lunch everyday. When she wasn't in the kitchen cooking, she spent every moment with you."

"Really?" Jean mumbled.

"Really." Christina replied. "You should thank her when she wakes up, she's been worried sick about you. But, how's your wrist? Your leg?"