31: I Do

You looked at the test in awe. "Holy shit." You muttered.

"What?" Mikasa asked through the other side of the bathroom door.

You flushed the toilet, washed your hands and walked out the bathroom. Mikasa stood in front of the door. You looked up at her, then looked back down. You kissed your teeth and handed Mikasa the test.

"Fuck!" You mumbled.

"How long?" She asked.

"A month." You whispered.

"How are you going to tell Jean? Today is the wedding day!" Mikasa stated.

"I'll tell him after." You said, sitting down at the vanity.

You sulked and looked at yourself in the mirror. Mikasa looked in the mirror as well, and started fixing up your hair.

"What even happened?" She asked, as she began fixing up your hair.

"I had totally forgotten about my period with all this wedding stress. I didn't even realize I was a whole three weeks late!" You vented.

"I'm sure Jean won't mind." Mikasa reassured, finishing your hair.

"He wasn't crazy about the idea when I brought it up." You sighed.

You and Mikasa fell in silence. She did your makeup and finished up the final touches.

You stood up and looked at your stomach in the mirror. Luckily, it only looked like you were bloated.

You then both turned to putting on your corset. She tightened it as tight as she could, almost suffocating you.

The finishing touch was you putting on the dress. You looked in the mirror in awe.

"You look gorgeous." Mikasa rubbed your shoulders, calming you down. She barely smiled.

"Thank you, Mikasa. For everything. You're the best." You told her. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

You turned to Mikasa and hugged her.

"Who's walking you down again?" Mikasa asked.

"Aubrey." You said.

Over the past few months, you've gotten to know your your brother well.

"Now put your dress on and get inside the damned carriage!" You told Mikasa.

You stepped into the carriage that Historia ordered. Aubrey was inside. It took you three to a royal church.

Once you got to the church, Mikasa stepped out and ran inside. She was the maid of honour.

A few minutes later, you and Aubrey stepped out the carriage and linked arms. You walked into the church and heard classical music play. Two gentlemen opened up the main doors and you were greeted with a red carpet and lots of lights.

The church wasn't full of people, but everyone you knew was there. Becoming nervous, you felt like belching.

In the distance, you saw Jean waiting for you up a few steps, next to the priest.

You began to walk towards the front slowly. You looked left and right to see the many people that watched you. Shit, even instructor Keith Shadis was there, smiling.

You approached the front and met up with Jean. He looked at you in awe. He lifted your veil.

"You look beautiful." He whispered.

You smiled. You became hand in hand.

The priest began to state vows, in which you had to repeat. You and Jean exchanged wedding rings.

"Do you, [Y/N] [L/N], take this handsome young man to be your lawfully wedded husband?" He asked.

"I do." You whispered.

"And do you, Jean Kirstein, take this beautiful young lady to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." Jean said.

The time was here.

"By the power vested in me,"

You and Jean were forever.

"I hereby declare you husband and wife."

You were Jean's wife.

"You may now kiss the bride."

Jean wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you close. You smiled and cupped his cheeks, before your lips connected. You shared a gentle, warm kiss.

"I present to you, Mrs. and Mr. Kirstein!"

Everyone in the church applauded and hollered, happy for you and Jean.

Later that night, everyone reunited at Historia's home for the after party. You and Jean danced and ate the night away. People gave you gifts and their well wishes.

Once you and Jean finally got home after a long day, you ran up to your room and began undressing each other. Once the both of you were just in your undergarments, you began exchanging kisses, falling onto your bed.

Jean was on top of you, using his elbows to hold him up. He stopped kissing you and looked at you. He tucked some loose hair behind your ear.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you more." You mumbled.

Jean gripped your waist. Startled, you caressed your stomach. You gently lifted Jean off you and got up. You began to feel queasy, and ran to the bathroom, vomiting into the toilet shortly after.

Jean ran after you, confused. You were usually down for anything related to sex.

"[Y/N], is everything okay?" Jean asked quietly, kneeling down to your level and moving your hair away from your face.

You looked away from him and breathed in deeply. "Jean..."

"What is it?" Jean whispered, caressing your cheeks.

You hesitated, but finally spat it out. "I'm pregnant." You gulped.

Jean was taken back. He moved his hand away from your face, and you slowly turned to face him.

"What?" He shook his head.

You nodded.

"Are you serious?" He asked.

You nodded.

Jean looked at you solemnly. He seemed more calm than earlier.

He began to rub your back and flashed a weak smile.

"That's amazing." Jean said.

You looked at him, shocked. Last time you mentioned having kids, Jean wasn't having it. You wanted to tell Jean in a more exciting way, but confessing over the toilet seat wasn't so bad either.

"We'll get through it." He whispered.