7: Titans

You slowly opened your eyes.

Where am I?

Just then, you remembered what had happened. You triggered your titan form for the first time. Your dad told you to only use it in extreme situations, and this was way over extreme.

You felt yourself pinned to a wall, and shortly after, dropped to the ground.

You arose from your titan's body. Steam surrounded you. You looked around, and then at your hands. Your maneuvering gear was gone, and so was your trainee jacket. Your arm was back. You averted your gaze upwards, and saw your comrades looking down at you.

Just then, another titan fell to the ground.

It must be the other one. You thought.

Jean came down to you. You were relieved to see he was alright. You stood up and looked at Jean.

"What?" Jean mumbled, lifting up your right arm, which had been bitten off. You chuckled.

Jean wrapped his arms around you and embraced you in a tight hug. You hugged him back.

"I can explain later." You muffled into his shoulder.

Jean looked at your face. It had some marks on it. He cupped your cheeks and caressed them. They were like rough bumps in your skin. You quickly stepped away from Jean, and felt your rough lines.

"It must be from the tissue that was attached to my face." You muttered.

"You mean, you were attached to the insides of a titan, and that's residue?" Jean asked.

"Kinda." You said.

Jean grabbed you by the waist and swung up to the roof of the building. Eren was there too, but he was unconscious.

"So, Eren was the other titan." You stated.

Everyone looked at you and asked you a gazillion questions.

"Now is not the time for explanations. We might wanna get to the inner walls." You told everyone, pointing to some titans coming to your way. Jean held you and Mikasa held Eren.

When you arrived at the gate, you were greeted by the Garrison, who had you surrounded. They had seen everything. They saw that you were a titan, and those markings on your face made it even more obvious.

"Don't move!" One of the Garrison members shouted. Eren started to mutter some things that you couldn't hear, but he slowly started to wake up.

"Where am I?" He muttered, looking around and seeing Mikasa and Armin around him. He looked to the left and saw you holding onto Jean, who helping you keep your balance. Unlike you, Eren didn't have these marks.

"You two are monsters!" Captain Weilman said. Your eyes widened.

"What did I do?" You said and looked at Jean.

"She didn't do anything wrong!" Jean shouted. "If anything, she saved my ass more than a couple of times!"

"Shut up! She is a threat to humanity!" Weilman shouted.

"Who is a threat to humanity?" Your mom pushed through the Garrison. She saw you and stared at your face. She wondered what those marks were. She wondered why you where a monster.

"Your daughter is a titan, cadet [L/N]!" Weilman said.

"You must be out of your mi—" Your mom was cut off by the sound of canons reloading. Her pupils minimized. "You can't be serious! These five soldiers are possibly the best ones I've ever taught! Without them your regiment's a piece of shit!" Your mom started to argue.