11: 50th Expedition Outside the Walls

Jean sat in a chair next to your bed, unable to sleep the previous night. He rested he's head in his hands while he watched you sleep.

You appeared to be having a nightmare. He stayed with you, to comfort you. But now, it was four AM, and you were sound asleep.

Until, Jean heard a whimper from you. He quickly turned his attention towards you. There was a single tear on your left cheek.

Jean placed his hand over your forehead; it was steaming hot. A fever, perhaps? He wasn't sure.

All Jean did was place his hand over yours and tried to sleep next to you. On the chair, of course. There wouldn't be enough space on the bed.

That morning, you quickly opened your eyes. You felt hot, and you had a horrible headache.

"Ugh," You covered your eyes as the sun shone into them. "another fucking recurring dream."

You then sat up, but found yourself stuck halfway. You turned around and saw Jean's head and arms rested against the bed, on top of the sheets. He slept very sound. You sulked back into bed and heavily breathed out. You began to think about last night.

You sighed.

You felt Jean twitch and you got startled. He slowly fluttered his eyes opened and looked at you.

"You awake?" You asked.

"Yep." He nodded. "How about you? You seemed like you were having a nightmare."

"Yea, it just felt very real." You sighed.

"All dreams are like that." Jean said.

"I don't know."

Jean put the back of his hand on your forehead again, to make sure you were alright for the excursion. Your forehead was still scorching.

"I think you have a fever, [Y/N]." He said with a worried expression on his face.

"I doubt it. I feel fine." You said reassuringly. "We should get ready for today." You hopped out of bed, letting go of Jean's hand.

You weren't wearing bottoms, and completely forgot you were in your underwear.

Jean stared at your bum. He blushed and looked away as you entered the bathroom.

"Today is the fiftieth expedition outside the walls! And the first one for the one-hundred fourth! Everyone, get ready to head out!" Erwin shouted as the gate begun to open.

"You sure you'll be alright?" Jean asked.

"Yes. I'm sure of it." You replied.

"Charge!" Erwin shouted as all the horses started darting out the walls.

This was it. Today was the day that could possibly be your last, should anything go wrong.

You had achieved everything you wanted in life; becoming a soldier, finding love, and reuniting with your mom. You would be able to die happily.

"Everyone split up into your squads!" T

You went with Reiner, Armin and Jean. Star sprinted in front of the boys.

"C'mon! Hurry up!" You shouted at your nearby comrades.

"Shouldn't we go in front?" Reiner asked.

"If anything I should be the one protecting you" Jean said.

"I doubt any of you are leader material, so I'm in front and you should deal with it!"

Star neighed and sharply turned, before you almost hit a tree.

"That's why you should stop lecturing us and look alive!" Reiner shouted, pointing toward the titan in the far distance. But it was... different.

"An abnormal?" You muttered. You took a signal flare and put the black ink in it. You covered one of your ears with your hand and fired the gun upwards. Black smoke jolted out of it. You saw multiple other black flares around the area where the massive, blonde beast stood.

"What the hell is that?" Jean murmured. Your horse sprinted faster.

"[Y/N]! where the hell are you going?" Reiner shouted.

"I'm gonna go get a better look!"

"Jean, your girlfriend's a fucking psycho." Reiner muttered.

You gave him a piercing side eye.

"[Y/N], wait!" Jean made his horse sprint faster to catch up to you. "I'll come too!"

"I'm coming as well! Don't leave me behind, you asses!" Reiner joined.

Once you got near the abnormal, you saw multiple soldiers attempt to kill her and fail. Multiple loose limbs and bloodied bodies lay scattered on the ground.

This just angered you more. Once the beast turned its attention towards you it quickly turned away and covered it's nape while it ran.

"She's showing intelligence!" Jean mentioned.

"It's not getting away from me!" You went further to catch up to the beast. It stopped, and your horse came to an abrupt halt.

The beast squatted down and seemed to had lifted something. She stood there for a while, but then continued to run.

You saw Reiner pass you, heading closer to the beast. You ran to the person who lay on the ground, paralyzed with fear. It was Armin.

"Armin! Thank goodness your alright!" You dismounted your horse and helped Armin up.

"She's not a titan. She's one of us." Armin felt starstruck.

"Yea, I realized." You sighed. "Hop on if you wanna stay alive! We gotta leave!" You mounted your horse and Armin sat behind you.

Your had a blaring headache that needed to be attended to, but the task at hand was more important.

Reiner and Jean sped to the female titan. As Jean tried to slit the titans ankles, he was thrown away and tripped.

Badly bruised, he rolled away, practically lifeless. His horse lay dead on the ground.

Reiner decided to take the risk of trying to kill the titan. But, the titan caught him in her hand, as if he was a tennis ball. Jeans eyes widened.

"We're done." He muttered.

You approached Jean, who was using a stray tree for balance.

"You okay?" You asked.

"Yes, but I'm not sure if Reiner is." He said.

You turned your head to the titan, who had his hand clenched as if she was holding something.

Out of the blue, and very unexpectedly, Reiner cut his way out of the titans grasp and ran towards us.

"We gotta get outta here." He breathed heavily. His cape was stained with blood.