9: Reunited

After a few months of countless experiments with your abilities, stable duty, and long nights with your mom (which, frankly, you enjoyed), the day had finally come. The day that you'd finally get to meet the one-hundred fourth cadets again. But only the ones that joined the scouts. To add to your sadness, you had stable duty.

Unfortunately.

You decided to give all the horses water and food before Star, so you could spend time with her. After all, you only had Eren and your beloved horse. You took a brush and brushed Star's mane.

"Hey." You said. Star let out a small snicker. You puffed out your cheeks. "What do you do when your bored?"

No answer.

"Hey [Y/N]!" You heard Eren shout from the other end of the stables. "I need help!"

You rolled your eyes and went to see what was up. As you entered the stall, you saw Eren drenched and covered in hay.

You let out a chuckled. "What the hell happened in here?"

"This dumb-ass horse knocked me over while I was giving it water. This is what I get for serving his ass all day!" Eren shouted, clearly angered.

"Wait here." You left to go get a new bucket of water and a towel. Once you got back to the stables, you threw the towel on Eren's face and put down the water in front of the horse.

"Get yourself dried. I'm heading out." You said, leaving Eren behind.

You fastened your horse's saddle and hopped onto it. You lightly kicked her, signalling for her to walk. As you passed the mess hall, you saw Levi and Hange walking past you.

"Hey! Are you done your job?" Levi retorted.

"Yes, sir!" You smiled, waving.

"C'mon! Give her a break." Hange sighed.

"Tell mom I'm going to be back in a bit." You told Hange.

"Will do!" Hange waved.

You patted Star, telling her to go faster. She broke into a sprint, and you headed for a nearby forest. There was an opening somewhere around this forest, where you usually hung out. There was another small pond — like the one back at camp — with a huge log heading toward the centre of the pond. Sometimes, you had campfires past curfew with Christina there.

You pulled Star's harness, causing an abrupt stop, making her slide forward a bit due to your high speed. You hopped off and held one of her restrains loosely.

You let her restraints go as you got closer to the pond. "Don't leave, got it?"

You walked along the log for a while, until you got about 1 metre away from the end. The pond was quite large, and didn't get deeper for about three more metres.

You chilled there for a little, reminiscing about the times you had with Jean and Marco at the camp.

You sighed and got up, getting bored easily. You walked towards Star and placed yourself on top of her. You left the forest and headed towards the stables.

"I hope they're here." You said. "Jean and Marco won't be there, though. They'll be at the Military branch." You sighed.

As you arrived back at the stables, you saw Eren talking to a bunch of people.

"Yes! They're here." You muttered.

"Where's [Y/N]?" Sasha asked Eren.

"She went out, I'm sure she'll be back soon." Eren said.