14: Chasing Annie, Destroying Stohess

Today was the day you planned your ambush on Annie.

Eren, Mikasa, and Armin were to lure Annie into a trap, and if all goes wrong, Eren is to turn into his Titan form and fight Annie. If Eren is unable to transform, then the whole plan is in jeopardy.

But, that's where you came in. You and Connie were heading to the centre of Stohess. If and when the plan is jeopardized, Hange will shoot a red flare, and you are to transform and fight instead of Eren. Although you were a better fighter, you weren't first choice because your titan was specialized in defence, not attacking like Eren's.

Sasha and Jean were disguised as you and Eren for another plan you weren't informed of. As you and Connie headed to the centre of Stohess, Eren was trying to persuade Annie to get into the underground tunnel with him, Armin and Mikasa.

"So, do you think I'll be of much help, anyways?" You sighed.

"Well, your role is the most important, I figure. If everything goes wrong, you'll be our last hope." Connie said bluntly.

Suddenly, the sky turned a dark shade of red, and a huge lightning bolt struck the ground near the rendezvous point.

"Shit." You cursed.

"Eren, get it together, man." Connie muttered.

You and Connie flung yourselves onto rooftops.

"No red flares so far." Connie whispered.

"Annie hasn't escaped the trap yet, clearly." You muttered.

Then, you and Connie saw a black flare, indicating that Annie escaped. You heard Annie shriek.

"Eren," You grit your teeth. "Transform, you idiot!"

You noticed a red flare. Eren couldn't transform.

"Eren, you son of a bitch!" You started to grapple yourself to the scene. Connie followed you.

Once you saw Annie, you jumped off the rooftops and cut yourself with one of your blades. After a flash of lightning, you transformed.

Unlike Eren, you and Annie could control yourselves in your titan forms due to formal training, so the fight might be a little safer for the Stohess habitants.

You looked around for Annie.

As Jean ran to the rendezvous point, he saw your titan. "Great job, Eren." Jean cussed. "What a piece of shit."

You ran parallel to Annie, only a set of townhouses separating you. You and Annie met up at a small fruit market. You looked at her and got into a fighting stance, letting out a puff of steam from your mouth. Annie did the same. You both did a roundhouse kick in sync, making your shins collide. On contact, your shin hardened and turned into an icy texture.

Out of the blue, Eren shrieked and punched Annie's face, making her fall onto a church filled with wall worshippers. Killing everyone in the church except for Nick, Annie got up with no remorse. Eren chased Annie all around the district, destroying everything in their path.

Jean managed to get to you, and used his ODM gear to get onto your shoulder.

"It's not safe here for the habitants." He said. "Hange told me to evacuate the remaining people. But since Eren's fighting, you should help me now."

You nodded in approval. Eren was handling Annie, so you could focus on the scared and worried people below you. Jean zipped down to the ground, and told people to evacuate, pointing them to the right direction. He told them that you would take care of the injured, even though you were in Titan form.

You started lifting families with small children, handicapped, and expectant mothers onto your shoulders.

As you walked around Stohess, you witnessed a small boy trying to lift a stone off his mothers leg. You lifted the stone, and threw it away, as if it was a pebble. You lifted the two on your palm and headed towards the escape gate. You slowly started descending the habitants on your palms and shoulders onto the ground.

You turned around to see Eren — as infuriated as ever — beating the life out of Annie. Eren threw Annie towards the gate, and you.

You caught Annie, and threw her away from the habitants. Eren seemed to have lava streaming down his body.

Something was definitely off.

Annie started to climb the wall, but Mikasa cut off her fingers and she fell. Eren caught Annie, and bit off her deformed head, revealing Annie's human body.

But, he didn't take Annie. He just stared at her.

Eren! What the fuck are you doing?You thought.

A blue, crystal-like rock formed around Annie, the same substance you had protecting your tendons. You heard several shouts from the rest of the soldiers.

Your objective failed.

You pulled yourself out of your titan The titan form had stripped you of your gear and uniform, leaving you in a tank top and shorts. You jumped down.

"Seriously?" You shouted. "We destroyed Stohess for that?"

Jean wrapped his arm around your shoulders and pulled you closer.

"Eren can't do anything right for shit!" You grimaced.

"Calm down." Jean said.

You shoved him away. "You don't understand, Jean! I did half that damage!"

"But you still saved people." Jean said. "This would've been a success. Stupid Eren."

Mikasa gave Jean a deadly glare. Eren had been knocked out cold.