15: Cheater

—two days later, wall rose.

You walked through the corridor of a headquarter building in Rose. It's been two days since the Stohess incident, and you were still feeling guilty as ever.

Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Erwin, Hanji and Levi stayed behind to finish up some business wth the Military Brigade.

You got to the mess hall and sat at a table with Reiner, Bertolt, Sasha, Connie, and — you guessed it — Jean. You sat down next to him, slouched over, and put your head down on the table.

"You're still upset?" Connie blurted.

"I'm sensitive!" You nodded.

"Cheer up." Jean looked down at you and tucked some hair behind your ear.

"It's not even like I'm sad. I just can't imagine what those families are feeling." You sat up.

Jean smiled.

"I'm gonna take a walk." You muttered getting up from your seat.

Jean grabbed your hand. "I'll come with you."

"No, it's okay. rather be alone. Sorry, Jean." You left.

"My village is near here." Sasha sighed, bored. "Maybe I can go visit."

"Same here." Connie said, same as Sasha.

You were really wishing that some titan's would break the wall again so that you could save as many people as you killed.

You found a staircase that went to the basement and decided to see what was down there. You went down the torch-lit, spiral staircase. It led to another corridor, which you followed.

Walking and walking, you came across a naturally lit up room. There were small windows near the ceiling that let in sunlight. You went in. It was filled with old furniture covered in grey, dusty cloths. You yanked one off.

Back in the mess hall, your peers were still having trouble curing their boredom.

"I gotta go to the bathroom." Jean muttered.

"Make sure it doesn't stink afterwards." Connie teases, winking at Jean.

"Eww... where's your maturity?" Sasha giggled.

Jean shot Connie a disgusted look and left the table. Reiner nudged Bertolt.

"Go, Bertolt. Now's your chance." Reiner whispered.

"It's not a good idea, Reiner." Sasha said, emotionless. "You know how overprotective Jean is."

"Yea, not to mention what'll happen if he finds you." Connie sighed.

"Just go. But don't go crazy." Reiner blurted.

"Fine, fine." Bertolt stood up and left.

You took off the cloth, revealing an old and dusty grand piano. You pressed one of the keys, and to your amazement, it was still in perfect tune. You dragged your finger along the keys, going from the highest key to the lowest.