Chapter 6 - Z-Crystal Obtained! -

((A/N: Minor text fixes that's why it's being updated for those who've read this already lol))

'Who was that woman...? And that creature...' Akihiro rubbed his temples as he sat at the cafe in the Pokémon Center. He was drinking a cup of Roserade Tea, having been recommended by the worker. It had a nice aroma to it, and the taste was sweet. It calmed him down, and his body felt better. He let out a sigh, staring at Kaimana who sat on the desk and happily ate some Poké Beans. If the Pokémon hadn't been out of his Poké Ball, Akihiro probably would've been lying on the ground for a while.

"Thanks buddy..." he pat Kaimana's head, smiling at him. He should've been used to those visions by now, but he hadn't had one in a while. "Are you ready to take on Ilima's trial?"

"Pop!"

"Alright. Let's head out then."

He finished the last of his tea and the two headed outside to Verdant Cavern. He walked up to the cave, noticing Ilima standing outside it. He noticed what looked to be totem poles in front of the cave, marking the trial site.

"Ah, Akihiro, welcome," Ilima smiled at him, "As soon as you step past these totem poles, your trial will begin. I should warn you, the Pokémon inside Verdant Cavern are fierce. Make sure you're prepared, because once you enter, you can't leave until you've completed the trial!"

"I'm ready Ilima!" Akihiro's energy had come back to him, excited for his first trial.

"Great! I'll meet you in there!" Ilima headed into the cave with Akihiro following him. It wasn't too dark in there, as the moonlight shone within a few holes in the ceiling. Akihiro looked around, taking in the scenery.

"I formally welcome you to Verdant Cavern! What you should attempt to do here in my trial is defeat three of the Pokémon that are lurking in their dens here." Ilima pointed to a brown and yellow Pokémon poking its head out in a den.

"Yuuuuu!" It cried, staring at Akihiro.

"Whoa... Rotom," The Pokémon inside his Dex popped out, "What Pokémon is that?"

"Zzzt! Thatzzz a Yungoozzzz! The Loitering Pokémon!"

"Correct! After you've defeated three Pokémon, head to the back of the cave and reach the pedestal outside and claim your Z-Crystal!"

"SHOOOOOOS!" A fearsome cry could be heard throughout the cave, startling Akihiro.

"Wh-What was that??"

"Oh, right! Although this cave is home to many Pokémon, there's one that's stronger than the rest, known as the Totem Pokémon. It'll be the last obstacle in your way to clear the trial. And you aren't allowed to catch any Pokémon in here until you've completed your trial."

"Okay."

"Good luck! Let the Trial of Captain Ilima begin!"

Akihiro looked around, seeing several dens around him, the closest being a few feet away. As he approached it, a Yungoos came out and let out a cry as it ran to attack him. He immediately moved out of the way, grabbing Rosemary's Poké Ball and having her come out.

"Rosemary, use Crunch!" Following his orders, Rosemary immediately jumped onto the Yungoos and bit it. The Pokémon cried out, before shaking her off its body and running up to attack her.

'Alright, here we go...'

---

Akihiro dabbed some medicine on his Pokémon, trying to heal their wounds. He had finished battling the three Yungoos inside their dens, now he had to face the Totem Pokémon. Rosemary and Kaimana were a little tired, but they were pushing through it for Akihiro. He was standing by Ilima, chatting with him while he gave his Pokémon a rest.