Chapter 9 - Type: Null? -

((A/N: just in case anyone was wondering, no I am not having Sina and Dexio appear in this series. I love 'em but I don't like searching for zygarde cells and cores...))

Heading through the route wasn't as bad as it looked. Akihiro ran into a couple of wild Pokémon, but they were no problem. His Pokémon weren't tired, so maybe he'd get to the Trial before stopping at the Pokémon Center. Probably not though, considering that would hurt their battling.

He looked up at the sky, noticing how blue it was. There were few clouds in the sky, it was a nice feeling to be under the sun and a blue sky. Next thing he knew, he was entering Paniola Town. It looked like an old western city, except for the Pokémon Center, that looked like it always did.

"Alolaaaaa Akihiro!" Hau had burst out of the Pokémon Centerand immediately spotted his friend, "I'm glad I ran into you! Let's have a battle and see who's stronger! And in Paniola Town, it'll be like an old Western showdown!"

"Alright. I'm ready when you are-"

"Good! You stay there and I'll go over here! Then-"

"Hau," Akihiro cut him off before he kept going, "I know you wanna make it like a 'draw' but let's just battle okay?"

"Awww... okay. Sorbet, you're up first!" Hau threw out his Pikachu. "Pika Pi!"

"Let's go Rosemary," Akihiro let her out first. Sorbet wouldn't have too much advantage, but neither would Rosemary.

"Sorbet, use Electro Ball!"

"Dodge and use Crunch!"

After a few moves, a couple of people around the town had come to watch their Pokémon Battle. And how could they not, considering when people battle you tend to hear their shouts. A little girl with her father seemed to adore both Sorbet and Kiwi while they were out, while the father seemed interested in the battle movements and strategies. It caught Akihiro's eyes, and made him lose focus for a bit.

"Awooo..." Rosemary cried, going down to Hau's Torracat.

"Woohoo! Nice job, Mochi!" Hau praised as Akihiro returned Rosemary to her Poké Ball. Out came Kaimana, who glanced back at Akihiro.

"You know what to do buddy."

"Brionne!" He faced Mochi and grinned. "BRIIIII!!" Raising his voice, he begun his attack with Disarming Voice. While Mochi was distracted, Kaimana jumped up while Akihiro began doing the normal Z-move dance. Kaimana had the Z-Crystal hidden in his little dress-like body part. It could keep a couple things in there if he wanted.

"Now Kaimana!" When he struck his pose, Kaimana immediately began crashing down towards Mochi, having powered up his Pound attack the second he hit Mochi, he drove him into the ground, leaving behind a cloud of smoke.

"Torrrrr..." Mochi groaned, unable to get up.

"Whoa! Akihiro you beat me again!" Hau laughed, returning Mochi to his Poké Ball. "And you and Kaimana have started using Z-Moves!"

"Yeah." Kaimana jumped into Akihiro's arms before he sent him into his Poké Ball.

"That was a fun battle, even if I lost. I'm heading to Paniola Ranch! Alola!"

Akihiro waved goodbye as Hau took off. He glanced around at the town before deciding he would go to the trial site as quickly as possible and headed out.

"Rotom."

"Yezzz??"

"Where am I heading?"

"Route 5! Thatzzz how you can get to the next Trial! It'zz just up ahead pazzt the Pokémon Nursery!"