Chapter 22 - To Poni Island -

"So this is where you were," Gladion was walking up to them, Null by his side. "Look what I found downstairs." He handed Akihiro an orange flute, the shape of a sun on the side of it. "This is the Sun Flute. Apparently, it's an artifact of Alola's past and it's to be played under the sun's light. But, it's one of two flutes. The Sun and Moon Flute together... it's said they can call the Legendary Pokémon... But supposedly it's a myth."

"...Lusamine wanted Solgaleo and Lunala to her collection," Akihiro mumbled, making Diane let go of him so he could stand by himself, "But she could only find that Flute."

Gladion nodded, moving towards Akihiro. "She also has this," He handed Akihiro a Master Ball, "It can catch a Pokémon without fail... Makes sense why she had it..."

"Thank you," Akihiro smiled at him.

"You're welcome. Listen, I'm counting on you to help Lillie. This is the least I can do."

"But Gladion," Lillie stared at him, "What are you going to do...?"

"Someone has to clean up Aether Paradise. I'll deal with this mess..." he turned around, sighing, "I wanted to get as far away from this damn place as I could with Null..." he pat the Pokémon on its head, "But I guess we ended up right where we started..."

"Heyyoo!" They could hear Hau's voice in the distance, and said boy was running up to the three. He stopped in his tracks when he saw Lillie, "Whoa?! Lillie, is that you?!"

Lillie laughed, nodding, "Uh huh, it's me! I'm ready to use my full force!"

"You look fantastic!!" A hint of red creeped up on his cheeks, Gladion took notice of that.

"What was that?" He said, putting himself between the two, causing Hau to back up a little. "Lighten up Gladion," Akihiro laughed, pulling the boy back a little, "She looks nice is all he meant."

"Yeah!" Hau nodded, thanking Akihiro silently, "Everyone's gonna go full force! And I've gotten train even harder! I keep getting saved by Akihiro and his Pokémon, so I gotta do my best to protect my own Pokémon by myself! If I can't do that, I'll never become an Island Kahuna! I wanna be able to make everyone smile!"

Lillie grinned at him, his enthusiasm was infectious.

"Oh, I still haven't even done Acerola's trial yet... I have a lotta catching up to do..."

"Sorry we dragged you two into our family's mess..." Gladion said, "Normally you would've taken on at least the Island Kahuna by now."

"Don't worry about it."

"Yeah," Akihiro grinned, "Besides, we go to help you two and we've become friends now. I think it's all okay for now."

"Hehe, I was glad you guys came two!" Lillie smiled, "And you're right, now we're all friends!"

"Speak for yourself..." Gladion mumbled.

"Awwww come on Gladion," Akihiro faked a pout, "We're friends now, riiight???"

"Stop that. I'll get you to the next Island, Poni Island, if you be quiet."

"Azelf!" Azelf, who had been rather quiet, had finally spoken up. Akihiro turned around, releasing Gladion and hoped he wouldn't attack Hau. "Azelf... You have to go back to Sinnoh now. You belong there." He watched as it floated to him, nuzzling against his cheek, "I know, I'll miss you too... How about this: When I'm done with the Island Challenge, and everything is okay here with Lillie and Gladion, I'll come by Sinnoh and visit you. How does that sound?"

"Azelf!" Azelf hugged him, smiling up at him.

"I'll see you then, buddy." He smiled, watching as it waved to the others before disappearing. Hau rolled on the balls of his feet.