Somewhere You Could Meet Me PT. 2

Klance
Demon/Demon Hunter AU

(Ps. Since I love you guys, I decided to give you a present)

Keith sighed, trudging through the trees. He moved low, thin branches aside or ducked and weaved around.

Once the hidden, child-built cabin came to view, Keith paused. He sighed, then stepped closer. The door creaked as it opened. He sighed and closed the door behind him. He took the matches out of his pocket and grabbed one of the candles off the coffee table. The hunter swipped the match, then lit the candle. He went around the cabin, lighting the candles on the walls.

Keith toed off his boots, unclipped his sheath and shrugged off his jacket. He set them all down on or by the coffee table, then climbed the latter that needed sanding. He collapsed onto the mattress and sighed.

The hunter closed his eyes and nestled beneath the sheets. He hugged the pillow to his chest and breathed deeply.

It's been two years since Lance was killed, and two years since he last spoke to his brother.

It's been one year since he spoke to his father and six months since he last spoke to any hunter aside from Pidge. Pidge was the only one to understand him and the only one he felt comfortable around. Her father was a demon and her mother is human. Both her father and brother disappeared and she suspects hunters. So, she disguised herself as Pidge Gunderson, foreign hunter, to go undercover to figure out what exactly happened to her father and brother.

Now that he thinks about it, Pidge is probably the only person he talks to anymore. He'll see Hunk and say 'hi' in the cafeteria of Hunters Headquarters, but other than that, it's all Pidge.

Keith jumped, then grabbed his phone. He sighed and answered. "Hey, Pidge."

"Hey, so, just a warning, there's a demon in your area."

Keith blinked, then sat up. "How the fuck do you know where I am?"

"I put that tracking device in your phone, remember?" She grumbled as if it had been obvious.

"Another question; how the fuck do you know there's a demon nearby?"

"Dude, my specialty." Pidge groaned. "I'm more of a demon tracker than a demon hunter, you know this."

Keith sighed and nodded. "Yeah, yeah. I know."

He heard a creak as Pidge leaned back in her favorite chair. "Tell me you're not defenseless."

"I have my knives."

"Kay."

"What kind of demon is it?"

"Uhm, give me a sec." Pidge rocked back and he heard the clicking on her keyboard. She hummed, then suddenly paused. "Uh, you might wanna get out of there."

Keith climbed out of the loft. "Why?"

Pidge gulped audibly. "It's... A level fourteen water demon... And you don't fight water demons. At all. Let alone such high level demons- I'll send a group out, I-"

"No, I'm leaving." Keith muttered, tugging on his boots. "Don't send anyone out."

"... You sure?"

"Yeah."

"Not even Hunk? Or even Shiro?"

Keith paused and clenched his jaw. "Definitely not Shiro."

Keith heard Pidge's breath catch in her throat. "Right, sorry... I know, I just... You could be killed immediately if this demon sees you."

"I'll be fine, Pidge." Keith clipped his sheath back to his belt. "Tell me where-" He halted as he heard a snap and leaves rustling outside.