True Self

True Self:

Lauren's POV

I'm seated in History class next to Y/N L/N, known as the badass in school. But she's nice at times, plus she's also my girlfriend.

These past few weeks have been weird. Y/N was known to do bad stuffs everyday in school but in these days, she stayed nice and friendly. I don't know if she's trying to hide her bad ways from everyone so that one day, she'll create a huge surprise in doing something worse or she just changed.

I hate to see her all nice and good, she's somewhat the opposite of that. She's suppose to be all cold, mean and sarcastic to others.

"Pompeii" Mr Matthews announced. "Anyone?" he asked. The boy genius, Cameron Boyce, extended his hand. "Pompeii was an ancient village in Itally located near the beauty and culture of Naples. It was a resort town where the wealthy would go to soak up the sun"

I turn to Y/N. "Pompeii sounds so beautiful, Y/N. We should go there. We should go there and be calm" I told her.

Mr Matthews cleared his throat. "Let me tell you about a whole city that became very calm very quick. Now, who here knows about Mount Vesuvius?"

"Mount Vesuvius was a pent up, boiling cauldron of I-wanna-do-something" Y/N answered with an innocent smile. My eyes grew wide.

"Vesuvius sat quiet for a long time, but then it did what volcanoes in time must do. It exploded!" Mr Matthews said. "Why does a volcano have to explode?" I asked.

"Because if it doesn't, it'll just blow up worse later. Vesuvius wiped up the entire population of Pompeii. It was one of the greatest natural disasters the world has ever known"

I whipped my head and turn to look at Y/N. "Okay then do it now. Do what you need to do to be Y/N, but please don't wipe us all out, baby girl" I begged Y/N as I turn to look at her again with pleading eyes.

Just then, the fire alarm started ringing. My eyes lit up. "That's it! Oh, a fire alarm, oh you sassy troublemaker! Fire alarm, everyone! Yes! Oh my gosh! This is bananas" I panicked; fake panicked.

"Your blood pumpin?" Y/N asked in a plain bored tone of voice.

"Oh it's pumpin"

"Good, I didn't do it"

"Yes you did" I insisted. "Okay single file, everybody! Choo-choo! Everybody find a safety buddy, my safety buddy is Y/N. She exploded and now she's tired" we all stood up as I grabbed Y/N's arm. Everyone followed me, standing up and started to murmur some stuffs.

"I didn't do it" Y/N repeated. "Yes you did. But you can't do anything more for 3000 years" I answered.

Then, someone spoke through the speakers. "Good morning students, sorry about that. We have some technical difficulties. False alarm, back to work" and it made me sad and dissapointed.

I turn to Y/N with a frown. "You didn't do it, Y/N the volcano?" I asked.

"No explodey" Y/N smiled.

"Do you need a nappy?"

"Wide awakey" she answered with a shrug.

Oh God....

********

We're here at a coffee shop Y/N's mom owns. Just then, Y/N's mom barged inside.

"The cash register is short $100" she told us. "Who took my $100?"

I turn to Y/N with wide eyes. "I didn't do it" she already spoke before I can open my mouth. "Yes, you did! Y/N, you took the money! She took the money, everybody! Yeah! She's a cat burglar!" I yelled, making all the customers look at me weirdly.