Too Young

Too Young:

"Lauren?"

You called your girlfriend as she walked inside your apartment.

"Yes love?"

"Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Uh yeah sure. What about?" Lauren replied as she sat in front of you. "Uhm... My family... Wants to meet you....?" you said, unsure if you should be saying this to her.

Lauren's smile faded the same time she dropped her water bottle. "What?!"

Lauren always becomes a nervous wreck when it comes to your parents. She haven't met them personally but she always gets the feeling they don't want their daughter to date a badass girl like her.

"W-when?" she asks. "Tonight...."

"Oh God" and with that Lauren ran to her room and you knew she's gonna panic and tries her best to look good for your parents.

*Time Skip*

"Lauren relax. Take a breath" you calmed her down as you stopped your car in front of a mansion.

"But what if they don't like me?" Lauren asked.

"They'll love you Lauren! You're the best girlfriend anyone could ask for" you encouraged her and you gave her a quick peck on her lips.

Walking hand-in-hand, you opened the door and was greeted by mom, dad, your older brother Enoch and your younger sister Emma.

"Y/n!!" Emma screamed as she ran to give you a hug. You hugged her back, "I missed you" she whispered. "I missed you too" you replied and kissed her forehead. You pulled away and Enoch pulled you in for a hug.

"Great to see ya again sis" he smiled at you, "You've grown"

You smiled at him, "Missed you too Enoch. Got a girlfriend already?". Enoch laughed, "Me? Have a girlfriend? Sorry y/n but I'm not that type of person"

"He's lying y/n. He doesn't want to admit that he's to focus with all his inventions do even have a girlfriend" Emma laughed which made Enoch glare at her.

You turn to face your mother a father before your mother pulled you in her arms. "Welcome back y/n"

You smiled, "I missed you mom"

You father gave you a hug as well.

You pulled away and motioned Lauren to walk to you. "Guys... This is Lauren, my girlfriend"

Lauren shook your father's hand, "Lauren Jauregui, delighted to meet you sir"

"And you too Lauren"

She also shook your mother's hand.

After that, everyone walked inside the kitchen to have dinner. You sat next to Lauren and gently held her hand from under the table. She lovingly kissed your cheek then everyone ate dinner.

Your father can't help but ask multiple questions to Lauren like what she wants to be in the future and what she's been doing in these days.

Later when dinner was over, Emma volunteered to wash the dishes, well Enoch volunteered Emma to wash the dishes.

Later, your father dragged you upstairs with your mother while Enoch and Emma stayed downstairs to talk to Lauren.

"What the hell dad!" you hissed.

"I don't think Lauren will be a good... Girlfriend to you y/n" your father said which made you frown.

"What? How can you say that? Your only met her for like an hour! You don't know her that well" you argued.

"It's not like that y/n" your mother joined in, "We thought that you and Lauren are too young to date each other. I mean, she still has no idea what to do in the future"

"But-" your father cut you off.

"And look at the way she's dressed!"

You imagined Lauren's outfit and remembered she's wearing a bad-ass style look. With the leather jacket, ripped jeans, boots with spikes and devil red lipstick.

"But mom, dad. It's both about the outfit or the future! It's about what the person feels towards you right? I mean if Lauren does love me, she'll do anything for me" you pointed out.

"You two are still young for love. I think you should finish college first before you date each other again" your dad said. Your eyes free wide, "After college? Dad are you kidding me? That's too long!"

"And I suppose you know the saying 'love can wait'. If Lauren does love you, she is willing to wait no matter how long it will take" your mom said.

You lied to them. You told them you broke up with Lauren but you two are still a thing. You ran away to live with her.

You lived in another apartment with Lauren away from New York. "Babe? Are you sure you won't miss your parents?" Lauren asked as we walked inside our new home.

"Nah! They don't even care. You know I'll anything for you" you replied.

I hugged Lauren until we fell on the couch.

I love my parents. But I love Lauren more. And I would do anything for her.