THUNDERSTRUCK

A sparkle of mischief flashes through my eyes while I answer to Nathan. He nods in approval and licks a bit his lips as he gets up to bring the shots. A few seconds later another girl joins us. That must be Jo, the girl Emily was asking about. A lean brunette, as stylish as a model. Of course. I start to believe that Star Corporation is nothing more than a modeling agency. I frown to the thought. Why would Colt hire me? I have nothing in common with these girls. Jo greets the girls hello and rushes to the bar to meet Nathan. 

After a few minutes Nathan comes back holding a tray with some shot glasses, a bottle of Tequila, salt and some slices of lime. Jo's right beside him as if she's marking her territory. He places them carefully on the table with a hint of pride in his eyes. As I take a look around I see many female glances towards our table. I roll my eyes so hard that they could pop out of my head.

Emily catches up with my dissatisfaction and lets a giggle out. I give her a sign to make her look behind her shoulder. The moment she sees a group of teenage girls eyeing our friends she winks at them and her face hardens instantly. The girls look annoyed and turn around. I cannot deny that our company is rather charming, both of them. 

Some discreetness though has never harmed anybody! Girls these days have turned into some kind of call girls. They have low to no self respect. They'll throw themselves to any passer by that might be of their taste. Where is this world heading to? I shake my head. I take a look to my company to see the two girls that joined us almost drooling over Nathan. All they have to do is get their claws out and start a cat fight over the prize.

Nathan pours some tequila in the shots and passes one to me looking at me playfully with a smirk on his face. I grab the glass, touching his fingers with the tips of mine. I see him looking at my hand somewhat satisfied while I also try to understand what's going on with that guy. The two bimbos in our company seemed to be annoyed by my gesture. Worry not girls, I'm not interested in your man. He's hot but that's not what I'm looking for. 

Nathan wears a black leather jacket, a white t- shirt and some jeans. He looks so sure of himself. He acts like a rock star or something. It really annoys me. It reminds me of Colt and his annoying little attitude. It's a fact that his body is really enhanced in this outfit though. It makes me recall stuff I'm desperately trying to forget.

"Are you okay? Do you want to leave?" I feel a hand over mine. I didn't realize that my face has been distorted while I was looking to those girls and Nathan; Adam on the other hand did notice my discomfort.

"No, no. I'm fine. I tend to travel a lot with my thoughts. Some times to some places not so enjoyable." I smile at him and squeeze his hand.

"Anxious about tomorrow?" He looks at me gently.

"Yeah I am. I had a rough night as well so my energy levels are kind of sulking right now."

"We can go, really. Anytime you wish." He places a lock of hair behind my ear making me smile awkwardly. With the corner of my eye I see Nathan looking at us confused. I wonder, what is he thinking?

"Let's stay a bit longer." I smile at him taking my hand away slowly.

"Whatever you wish." Adam smiles gently.

I do enjoy his company. He's such an easy going person that seems to care about people around him. He's gentle and sweet, genuine. On the other hand I would really prefer if he wasn't always so easy going. I enjoy a mild disagreement and some "nerve" every now and then. You know, just to spice things up just a little bit! Sometimes I feel as if he tries too hard to make me comfortable and happy, sacrificing his own voice.