FIND ME

It took me more than ten minutes to get to my apartment. I'm desperately trying to concentrate but I fail miserably. My legs feel heavy, as if my feet were glued to the ground. The moment I reach the door of my apartment I let out a loud groan. I can hear Angus sniffing and whining behind the door. My poor baby was all alone the whole night! I open the door slowly but Angus starts jumping all over the place barking and whining. I push him inside and sit down on the floor while he starts licking my face.

"You didn't think I would abandon you now did you little pup?"

I remain on the floor scratching and petting Angus for quiet some time. I need Emily's advice but I don't know how to tell her everything that has happened between me and the twins. How do you explain something to someone when you, yourself don't really know what to think or what to feel about? My phone starts beeping making me wake up from my thoughts.

I didn't understand how fast the time has passed and that it was already time to meet Adam for our walk. I send him a text asking him for some more time. I need to make my self somehow presentable before I meet him. I don't want him to be asking questions that I'm not willing to answer. I get up and put some fresh water to Angus before I throw my clothes away and get a warm shower. I can feel the tension leaving my body as soon as the water drops crash on my skin.

Sometimes I really wish I could call my mom or dad and ask them for advice... I miss my family every day. I start sobbing out of nowhere. It must be all the fear and stress I was feeling until this morning, releasing. I can't understand why time is so fluid today. I'm almost late again! I dry my hair and tie them up in a ponytail. Soon enough Adam comes knocking on my door but I'm still in my underwear. Oh no! I open the door slightly to see him smiling to me.

"Hey Adam! I'm sorry, give me two! I just need to put some clothes on." Why did I have to tell him that? Great... He looks at me naughtily trying to hold back a smirk.

"Oh, ok. I'll be right here." I close the door almost to his face before I start running around the apartment. I grab the first thing I find in my wardrobe and get outside of the apartment fast.

"Sorry for that! Shall we?"

"Aren't you forgetting something?" I look at him confused before I realize...

"Oh my God, Angus!" I open the door to find Angus sitting behind it holding his leash in his mouth. Adam bursts into laughter and I get as red as a tomato.

"Shut up." I look at him holding back my laugh as well.

"I didn't say anything..."

"Your laughter is enough." I nudge him on the sides and he keeps on laughing while we get on the road for our walk.

"Rough night?" He looks at me with caring eyes.

"You don't even know."

"That's why I'm asking, if I'm not getting too indiscreet?"

"We're friends, aren't we?"

"Yeah..." He looks disappointed to the sound of this word but that's what he is to me.

"I got attacked by some douche at a concert I attended yesterday and hit my head on the pavement. Had to stay at the hospital through the night." Adam seems shocked. I bet he didn't expect this.

"Are you ok?!"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I got... lucky." I bite my lip to the thought of my two guardians...

"Who was the guy with the Bugatti?" Wait, what? how does he know about Colt?

I look at him confused and kind of irritated from his question.