DRIFT AND BREATHE

I storm out of the door and into the elevator. How could he?! Is this the reason why Nathan was staying away from me? He called me a whore. I know the way he found us but... I burst into tears as I move out of the building. I can feel my phone buzzing like crazy in my pocket but I don't want to talk to anyone right now. I'm glad the rain is falling on my face, setting off the fire I'm feeling inside me.

His words felt like a dagger thrown right into my heart while someone has been twisting it slowly in order to do more damage. I close my eyes and wish that all of this is a bad dream. That none of this has happened. That Nathan will come through these doors and kiss me until we both are out of breath. As I get on my motorbike I can hear a familiar sound coming from a distance.

Of course! For once more this lunatic with the Impala broke his leash! He stops right next to me as he makes the engine of the car roar. 275 pure breed horses unleashing their power. I look at him furiously. I turn towards him and scream if he wants to have a race with me. As a respond he revs up. I give him a thumbs up while I put on my helmet.

The weather may not be appropriate for a race but my anger and frustration need exactly that! I turn on the engine and start drifting on the asphalt before I release the clutch. The race has started. My adrenaline has risen up to the sky. I can feel it taking over my body and clearing up my mind. This guy who usually is a pain right now works as my salvation. He isn't too far behind me but I can sense that he's not giving it all.

A few corners away I see him pulling by. I tilt my head confused, wondering why he has ended the race. I take a look around to see if there are any police officers around but there is none. This doesn't make any sense to me. I turn around in the lane and start driving towards him. I stop my bike right behind him. I can see his figure in the car. He's supporting his head with his hands, almost laying on the steering wheel.

I take off my helmet and place it on my bike carefully. Is he waiting for me? The rain has calmed a little bit but it's enough to make my hair wet in a few seconds. As I start moving towards him he turns the engine on. NO! He can't do that again! I rush to get in front of him just on time, hammering my hands firmly on the hood while I look down at it with anger. As I raise my head up to face the driver I realize that I know him very well.

"It's you?!" I scream on the top of my lungs making some passersby stand back and look at me. The door creaks as he gets out of the car hesitantly.

"Let me explain." He stretches his hand to touch mine before I move backwards.

"Let you explain what? Did you allow me to explain when you saw me in the office?!" I put my hands on my head cursing out loud. I can feel the blood in my body rising to my head.

"Val..."

"What, Nathan?! What?! Why are you talking to a hooker like me man?! Or as you called me, an escort! I thought you didn't need one with all of those bimbos surrounding you! I'm so glad I don't own a gun! I would have shot you dead right now!"

"I shouldn't have said that. I don't know what I'm saying when I get angry." I can feel the anger building up in me. I can barely hold it back before tears start running down my face.

"You think that's enough of an excuse Nathan? Really?"

"I... I wanted to kill my brother when I saw him touching you. I lost it. I was feeling so angry that you have chosen him over me. When you left from the club I followed you. I started imagining him touching you and I was going insane. I want you. Every inch of you. I wanted you to be mine the very first moment you jumped into my shower. I was praying to God to show me a way to get my life back. Then you knocked on my door and it was as if the heavens had sent me an angel."