TRAPPED

The day has started wonderfully. The sun is out shining but it's as warm as it should be. I woke up feeling fresh and relaxed. I took Angus out for a walk before heading to work. A light breeze ran through my hair revitalizing me. I wish I could open the windows at my office. Although the breeze might not be as enjoyable on the sixtieth floor as it's on the ground... It's a perfect day to take my bike to work though! Since the big boss will be out I don't see the reason why I shouldn't wear some pants too. Who would notice me anyway? I cannot wait to get to work today; I have to talk to Emily about everything! Before I start accelerating I hear a familiar voice calling my name.

"Valeria! Wait!" Adam rushes towards me while I look at him puzzled. I open the glass of my helmet and nod to him 'hello'. "Would you mind giving me a ride at work? I over slept and I'm somehow late."

His face illuminates when I nod for him to join me. I get the feeling that he has something to tell me the whole way to his office. I see him opening and closing his mouth but no words come out. I notice him frown and pout like a little kid. I can barely hold back myself from laughing. He thanks me and rushes to his office the moment we reach the destination. The time has passed and it makes a perfect excuse to speed up Beast a bit.

 I don't want to be late at work as well now do I? I park carefully my motorbike to the underground garage but I take the helmet with me. Inside the elevator unconsciously I start humming a song. The doors open a few floors later and a handful of people come in. One of them is Nathan. He nods 'hi' to me. Everyone gets out and there is just us waiting for our floor number to come up. The whole way there he doesn't talk to me at all making my blood literally boil.

"You won't be talking to me at all now?" I look at him puzzled.

"What are you talking about? I'm talking to you." His eyes are locked on the door while he says that.

"Yeah I can see that." I murmur. He turns his head and looks at me furiously.

"What do you need Miss S?" A sardonic smile on his lips makes me even more upset than I already was with his ignorance.

"I need nothing Mister Gray." The doors open but he stays inside looking at me confused. Before they start closing back I stop them with my helmet and turn my look to him. "That's your stop isn't it?" I say in an indifferent tone. He frowns and gets out without looking back. That man is driving me crazy!

The rest of the day is slow. Colt hasn't called me, he just left for me a paper with instructions. His letters were perfect, as if they were written and printed from a computer instead of a person. How is it possible that a man can be perfect in every aspect? I need to find something that he doesn't do well. It's pretty annoying when he sets the bar so high that every other human on the planet will have such difficulty to compete with. The only interesting thing that has happened the whole day was my break with Emily. She was dumfound when I told her that the great Mr. Colt went out for a walk with me and Angus.

You can imagine her reaction when I told her that he'll be coming to the concert with us. Her jaw met the ground instantly and she was repeating every two seconds how "This is not possible!". On our way back to the company she wouldn't shut up talking to me about Friday night. She was freaking out about almost everything. Clothes... Hair... Make up... I found some peace of mind when I finally got back to my duty. It's finally time for me to go home. I gathered the envelops and files I had to work on this morning and like yesterday night I went to Colt's office to drop them off.

I knock gently on the door but no one answers. While opening the door hesitantly I find myself hoping that I'll see him inside sitting on his chair with a glass of scotch in his hand, calling me to join him. I really enjoyed our little talk and his company yesterday night. In my disappointment the office is empty. I take a deep breath and sigh. I already knew he wouldn't be here but I was still wishing that he would be. I place the files carefully on his desk and I touch the leather chair with my fingertips as I look out of the window. That's what he's seeing every night... What a spectacular view!