SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW

Anyway! I do have to get a job as soon as possible! I'm running out of money and I can't afford to leave my bike on the side. Oh, did I forget to mention that I am a rider? Since I have turned eighteen I have been riding my lovely Ducati! Black matte, some red shiny details twirling with a few silver carbon fiber lines.

 Oh, did I forget to mention that I am a rider? Since I have turned eighteen I have been riding my lovely Ducati! Black matte, some red shiny details twirling with a few silver carbon fiber lines

God I swear when it roars on the asphalt it's like unleashing a caged animal! It was a gift from my mom when I got in college. I'm not sure I still deserve it but when I hold in control with such ease this beast and making it blast its explosion, racing or accelerating; feeling the wind against my skin, tt makes me feel like I'm in control of life itself. One of the few times that I actually feel that I'm in charge of what is happening in my life.

Probably you'll be already thinking that I'm exaggerating, but when it comes to my driving, trust me, I am not. It has always been a passion of mine. I must have inherited it from my dad. Among brothers, and a not really a housewife type of mom, I've been brought up by my family to know everything about cars and mechanics.

I hate it when my bike gets dirty, or when I hear the slightest change in the sound it makes. Even if you did ride with me all the time you would not understand what I'm talking about. It's something like a whisper! A whisper made for your ears only! I could go on and on talking about my bike but I wouldn't want you to get bored of my bubbling!

It's the first day of the week that the sun is out. It's been like four days in a row that it has been raining as if we live under a constant cloud. Poor Angus didn't have a proper walk in ages. Although I should note down that he doesn't appreciate it when his paws get wet! I'm on the sofa wearing just a pair of shorts and a tank top, the heat combined with the humidity makes me ridiculously uncomfortable. Suddenly I feel a wet nose sticking in the curve of my neck and dozens of kisses on my face making me jump up to make my furry friend Angus stop!

" Ok Angus! I'm up, I'm up! You're right little guy, we're going for a run at the park to your favorite spot near the lake!"

Angus wiggles his tail fast showing how excited he is and I couldn't help it but hug him and hurry in order to take him out for a little bit. I wear my skinny jeans, leaving my tee on. In a hurry, as always, I start stumbling in circles around the room trying to wear my converses while Angus's jumping around me almost making me fall on my butt! I grab my phone and keys and my last twenty dollar bill. Sigh...

I seriously need to find a job otherwise the only thing I'm going to be eating for the rest of the month is dog food! At least Angus isn't going to be hungry! Well, he may be homeless by the end of the month but hey! Not hungry! I muffle my laugh in despair to avoid my own thoughts and grab the leash in a hurry to get out of my apartment as soon as possible.

As soon as I get out my stomach starts growling. The best thing in New York is that you can find any food your heart desires in almost every corner! I take a deep breath looking up to the sky. I'm instantly grimacing against the sun. I enjoy the warm light of the sun but never the heat... I put some music on and start walking with Angus towards the park.