CROSSFIRE

He's already eyeing the guy and every move he's making. I smile at the thought of having a guardian like him next to me. I'm observing him when Emily follows my eyes and gives me a mocking smile. I giggle and turn red before I turn my gaze away. He's monitoring the guy moving around the room with a bottle of whiskey in his hand.. A few minutes later the guy starts moving towards the exit. A feeling of relief takes over my whole body. It took some time but finally his face relaxes when he sees that he's out of the door. I didn't like the way that guy looked at Colt. That kind of look usually means trouble.

"He signaled me that something was wrong, he looked worried..." Emily almost whispers pretending to look at the stage.

"What are you talking about?" I look at her confused.

"Nate. He pointed your way while he was looking at me to make me understand something was going on. His body motion changed when he saw you with Colt and that guy. I think he likes you..." Emily raises her eyebrows and a mischievous smile makes her face light up.

"Yeah I doubt it. Everyone would do the same." I feel my body warming up to the thought of him wanting to protect me. What's going on between me and men wanting to protect me? I'm not even the vulnerable, fragile type of woman. I can protect myself thank you very much!

"Nathan almost stopped performing until Colt came to crash the party Val." Emily's tone is serious, something that she usually avoids.

"Don't they seem familiar to you? Like, they have something in common or what?" I look at Emily puzzled. Nathan is the rocker, the hot bad boy kind of guy. Leathers and jeans will do the trick. On the other hand, Dante is the neat, well groomed and expensive suits kinda guy. But I feel something looks very familiar to me when I look at them. Maybe I have drunk to much after all.

"Yeah I've noticed. They look pretty much alike, as if they were family or something." Emily's eyes are following Nathan and Dante, alternating.

"But they're named Gray and Colt..?" I mumble. I feel dizzy. I'm brought back to reality when Nathan thanks the crowd before he gets off from the stage.

"Honey, should I take you home?" Emily looks at me worried, probably she has noticed my pale face.

"No, no. I'd rather get home with Colt. He'd take you back though before me." I wink at her and Emily bursts into laughter. I'm really glad Colt is too busy talking on his phone to notice on our little conversation.

"What a freaking shame, I came here with my car! If I knew I'd have never brought it!" Emily pouts pretending to be upset.

"Next time my little ballerina." I give her a kiss on the nose when I catch with the corner of my eye Colt looking towards us smiling in mischief.

"Well isn't that a sweet image..." He winks at us playfully.

"Shut up." I say that in an instant, forgetting that I'm actually talking to my boss. My eyes widen and I look at him. He has a stupid grin on his face like the day he told me off about my boots and my salary... God I want to slap him so bad right now!

"Always at your service Miss S." He bows in front theatrically before he starts laughing. Emily and I look at him confused with our jaws almost touching the ground.

"What's so funny Mr. Colt?" I look at him irritated.

"Nothing's funny, you're just so full of surprises tonight." He comes closer to me making my breathing stop. He must have noticed my body stiffening because a smirk has formed on his lips. Emily looks at us amused before she interrupts.

"I have to go. My cat will be going crazy. Goodnight love, Mr. Colt..." Emily waves and rushes to the exit. I can hear her laughing. That jerk! What cat?!