SETTLING IN

Oh crap! In ten minutes Emily and Adam are going to be here and I'm still walking around the room purposeless! I rush to the kitchen and turn on the oven to preheat before I throw the cookies in and press the button of the coffee maker. Good thing my apartment is tidy enough because I would totally be unable to make it presentable in less than ten minutes! I'm not sure I will be able to even make my self presentable!

I start panicking, trying to brush my teeth while looking for an outfit.

Of course, safe options are always the best! Skinny jeans and a white t- shirt with some blue splashes on it will do the trick! I take my hair up to a ponytail, dress up as fast as possible, and pull out a scarf to wrap around my neck to hide the deep neckline of my shirt. Finally I put my favorite perfume on, Hypnose by Lancome. As soon as I get the cookies out of the oven I hear my doorbell ringing. I hope it's Emily!

"Hello?"

"Hi! Open up already! I'm here to see my boyfriend Angus!" I hear Emily smothering a laugh and all I can do is shake my head.

"Second floor room 205!"

"Ok, I'm coming up!"

I open slightly the door so I can take the time to put the cookies in a plate and take some coffee mugs out of the cabinet. Before I'm able to pour some coffee in I see Angus literally attacking Emily while she is on her knees hugging her old boyfriend.

"Come in my little Ballerina!" I say out loud while holding the tray with the cookies

"Oh God how much I've missed your cookies!" Emily grabs a cookie and before I have the time to tell her I just got them out of the oven she puts it in her mouth and starts feeling the burn.

"You mad woman! You could say a hi before making me take you to the hospital to treat your burns!"

With a mouth full of cookies and the burn still going Emily smiles at me and hugs me tight.

"Where is Adam?"

"He will be here soon! You were passing by just in case he asks... I don't want to make him feel bad again. Ok, Em?"

"Of course Val, you can always count on your partner in crime!"

"I always knew that my little ballerina! Make your self comfortable!"

Emily nods at me while she grabs the cookies and getting cozy on the couch.

Before I get to get the coffee to the table I hear the door knocking, that must be Adam. When I open the door I see Adam fixing his eyes on the floo, holding a bouquet of daisies and a little box with a red ribbon on it. Adam's wearing a pair of blue jeans, a light really pale blue shirt with his sleeves rolled up making his arms look really strong. 

Adam's a lean guy with honey colored hair. He has a bright smile and a pair of beautiful green eyes. He seems to be really shy, at least with me. He looks serious, not the kind of person that just talks to anybody. He's mostly missing all day which makes me wonder what his job is.

"Hey there!" I give him my biggest smile trying to make him feel comfortable.

"Hey, did I come the wrong time?" He whispers looking at Emily

"No, no. I'm sorry but my friend came to visit and I just couldn't send her away"

"I should leave you alone then, perhaps another time." He says looking somewhat disappointed while he gestures to me to take the flowers and the little box.

"Absolutely not! Today, and maybe another day too!" I smile while he looks at me skeptical.

"Are you sure? I don't want to bother you"