WHITE KNIGHTS

Where am I? God my head hurts. The sunlight coming through the window makes my eyes blurry as I scan the place. I'm definitely in a hospital room. My hand feels numb from the IV. What happened yesterday night? I run my fingers on my face to see whether or not I have any cuts from that asshole's knife but I find nothing. I put my hands on my head trying to remember something more but my effort is in vain, making me groan.

I try to sit up slightly before I catch with the corner of my eye a glimpse of Nathan. He's passed out on the armchair across the room with his arms crossed on his chest. He looks dirty and tired. Did he spend the night here watching me..? I can't help it but smile. How's he doing this to me? I need to know what happened last night but I can't persuade my self to wake him up. He seems to have had a much rougher night than I did.

I wonder where Colt is. Probably busy running his company. I frown. My mind drifts unwillingly to the fight I had with them last night. I can't believe that I'm more annoyed by them hiding me the fact that they're twins than the fact that I got myself a freaking pimp! How in the world I didn't notice the similarity? I didn't even give them the chance to explain themselves. God! I sigh loudly making Nathan move slightly. Thank God I didn't wake him up.

I get up slowly and move towards him, observing his face. I caress his forehead gently with the back of my hand and notice his face soften. Soon enough I start feeling weak and start moving back towards my bed. I barely make it there before I notice the door opening slowly.

"Hey why are you trying to get up?" Dante murmurs as he comes towards me to put my legs back up on the bed using one hand and holding a coffee cup with the other. I hold back a smile with difficulty the moment I see him.

"Good morning Sir." I wink at him playfully.

"You shouldn't be up Valeria." He frowns while he sits carefully next to me.

"I am though. I couldn't stay still for much longer. I feel fine!"

"You'll never listen to me, will you?" He looks at me as if I'm some kind of five year old menace but he's right... I'll never listen to him.

"What happened last night?" I look at him worryingly.

"That guy from the bar came after you.."

"Yeah I remember that one." I giggle but he looks at me irritated making me bite my lip. Oh-kay...

"You should have let me take you home S."

"I was very, correction, I still am really pissed at you guys. Of course I wouldn't let you take me home. You realize that you can't always be there guarding me, right? This could have happened even if I was just out for a walk or walking Angus!"

"Yeah but you were there with me, you weren't alone yesterday."

"You don't have to feel responsible for me Mr. Colt, I'm a big girl." I try to make the mood a little lighter but I fail miserably.

"Stop trying to make the situation look like nothing Miss S."

"What happened to me? Why did you bring me here?"

"You passed out because that asshole didn't let you breathe. When we came you had fallen on the ground. You've hit your head to a car next to you." He looks at me sadly.

"Oh that explains the headache." I scratch my head while I frown. "How did you know I was out there?"

"When we heard someone screaming. God, I swear my heart stopped! We came outside finding you laying on the asphalt almost out of your senses. We didn't know if he had had the time to... touch you. I couldn't stop the anger from building up the closer I was getting to him." His eyes have darkened, he's as serious as he could ever be.