DEVOUR ME

"Miss S... Let's cut to the chase."

A lump formed in my throat. I feel like he'd start bombarding me with tons of questions and disgusted looks.

"Every year I'm holding a ball to raise funds for some institution. Unfortunately this year I'm really busy. I need you to organize a bal masqué. I need the theme to be black and red satin. The rest is up to you." He folds his hands in front of his chest while I look at him puzzled. That's the only thing he has to tell me?

"Oh... Okay. Anything else you need? Would you like to tell me some more information now that you're available?"

"No, I trust you can excel at it." He grabs a glass with some amber liquid in it and drinks it in one go.

"Alright, Sir

"Alright, Sir." I look at him confused still not able to understand how it is possible for him not to have said a word.

"I see you're wearing a skirt." He licks a drop of his drink from the corner of his lips slowly, disorienting me.

"Yeah, I tried to follow your dress code." I say while I roll my eyes in disapproval ostentatiously.

"Shall we?" He looks at me with a mischievous, impish look in his eyes. That look I am very familiar with...

"Excuse me?" I look at him angrily before he smiles mockingly at me.

"Shall we go Miss S? I'm going to take you home." That's definitely not what I thought...

"It's ok, I can fetch a taxi Mr. Colt, thank you." I don't know how ending up into his car, all alone could end. He has my lovers looks... Maybe not his attitude but his body... His face... I don't need to be testing my self so soon.

"Miss S, you should already know that I do not take no for an answer. Shall we?"

I'm not going to get out of it...

"Fine!" I get up as if my chair was made out of glass shards.

For once more I find my self a breath away from him in his private elevator. I've tried to ask him if we could take the other one but he insisted that there was no reason to lose time since this would get us directly to his car. I was biting my lip and fidgeting with my bag the whole time. This time I did not feel the same excitement seeing his gorgeous car. Of course he opened my door and unwillingly I slid into it carefully not to reveal anything. Like a feline, he got into the driver's seat and started the engine. For the first time Colt kept silent. So silent that I started feeling uneasy...

"I cannot believe how you're attracted to this... thing. Turning ME down!" His voice is harsh and steady. His eyes on the road but his expression has harden. I look at him irritated unable to talk. I just make a sound of disapproval accompanied with a sarcastic laugh. "What's so funny S?"

"You realize that you're twins right? This "thing" as you called him has your exact face!"

"He is my twin but we have nothing in common!" My body is pushed back by the acceleration of the car. I can barely hold myself into my seat. His previously calm driving has turned into an imaginary aggressive race with himself.