HANGOVER

I have decided to follow Emily's advice. It's not going to be easy but I need to cut my self loose from both of them as much as it's possible when we all are in the same working place every single day of the week. My head has started pounding as if my brain needed an escape plan. Maybe I should just quit and look for another job? Or, find another a job and then quit. Who am I kidding? I can't leave my job... I don't know if I want to either... I drag myself towards my bed and fall on my tummy, groaning. Only sleep will help me relax before I go insane... How did I allow this? How did I start liking some people I barely know? That's not like me! I check my phone and find a couple of calls and texts from Adam and some from Colt... I look at them skeptically... I really don't want to deal with any of them right now.

"Miss S, give me a call as soon as you can".

"Valeria, I still have no news from you. Text me please"

"If you don't reply me in the next thirty minutes I'll be coming to your place".

My heart starts racing. It won't be easy... I'm going to give him a quick reply to calm him down. If he's like his brother he will be showing in front of my door in a few minutes, and that's really not what I need right now. Before replying him I check Adam's messages. I hope he's doing ok because I really don't think that I'm in any position to help someone right now. I can barely help myself for God's sake.

"Val, where are you?"

"Can we talk?"

"I need to talk to you..."

No... Nope. I don't and I'm not going to talk to you or anyone else tonight. I had enough talking with Emily already. The only one I will be talking to is my lovely Angus and that's pretty much it. I type a text fast telling him I don't feel ok, that I need to lay down and we can talk tomorrow night if he wishes. His reply is short, as if he was disappointed with my response. I'm sorry Adam but I don't want a cherry on the top of my cake! I close my eyes and start thinking what I should reply to Colt before I hear a sharp but soft knock on my door. Did I imagine this? I turn around and stand up so I can look at the door. Nope, there goes another one! Angus doesn't even bother to get up from his bed. Good to know I have such a great dog- guard! Blah! Adam I hope you have something important to tell me man! I rush to the door while I release my hair to help ease my head. I open the door with my eyes closed ready to hear Adam on how I have no time for him blah, blah, blah!

"Miss S, don't you know how to type a simple text?" Colt?! Damn it with these brothers!

" I just checked my phone and I was about to answer you. How did you get inside the building?" I look at him confused.

"A girl let me in..?" Of course a girl would let you in. I'm tempted to let you in!

"Great security we got here..." I roll my eyes.

"May I come in?" He looks at me with a smirk on his face, a smirk I want to erase.

"Oh? Are you asking me? Cause you didn't care asking before dropping by!"

"You are right... We're not at work, I can't do whatever I want with you." His eyes darkens and his face distorts. Is there a book that explains men's mind? They only blame us, women, but they're not too easy to understand either! "I'm going to go, now that I know you are ok. See you on Monday Miss."

"No, please. Stay. Come on in, I got some chocolate lava cake!" Well now that's what I call keeping your distance! God damn it!

"I don't want to be a burden to you Miss S." He looks at me as if he's trying to analyze me but how could he? I barely make sense to myself!